Jeff Jacobs home run on the BC AD flap | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs home run on the BC AD flap

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
we can only hope blake. the worst nightmare for UCONN would be to lose WVU, L'ville and RU from the BE while UCONN is still stuck there. the 2nd worst would be staying in the BE, no matter how it shakes out. if WVU, L'ville and RU stay along with UCONN, it might not be enough to secure a BCS bid, along with USF and Cinci, and adding SMU, Memphis, Houston, Army, Navy, Air Force and/or UCF certainly won't do anything to help. they are alos looking at Boise State. but UCONN certainly can't force another conference to let us in.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
IMO...we would be good for the ACC and the ACC would be good for us I hope the wiser heads in the ACC realize that what is good for BC is NOT necessarily good for the conference. The AD's positions themselves seem to shout that out. Let's hope wiser heads elsewhere in the league and wiser heads at Chestnut Hill have input.

On the possible football additions to the BE, I actually think Central Florida has consideral potential and would help the strength of the conference. Not that one game is all that instructive but they cleaned the other New England D1 clock 30-6 earlier this fall.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The guidance I would personally give to the BC AD is not "Have a nice day." That takes four words. I only need three and the last one isn't "day."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
DeFillipo put both feet in his mouth up to his knees. The "turf" argument doesn't hold water and he knows it. Just sticking to Uconn any chance he gets.

As to the additions to the BE, these still will not cure the problem that the BE is a split conference with some schools focus on basketball only, no football. This is the problem that must be addressed, sooner than later I hope.

Maybe the ACC should tell BC bye bye!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DeFillipo put both feet in his mouth up to his knees. The "turf" argument doesn't hold water and he knows it. Just sticking to Uconn any chance he gets.

As to the additions to the BE, these still will not cure the problem that the BE is a split conference with some schools focus on basketball only, no football. This is the problem that must be addressed, sooner than later I hope.

Maybe the ACC should tell BC bye bye!

+1
People thinking that the proposed addition of teams can provide any type of long term stability for the Big East and maintaining a BCS bid are deluding themselves.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
+1
People thinking that the proposed addition of teams can provide any type of long term stability for the Big East and maintaining a BCS bid are deluding themselves.
totally agree, but the big east is not going to stop trying to be a viable conference. in hoops, the BE will still be formidable even if it's the catholic only schools plus ND.

the problem is that most every UCONN fan and administration personnel agree that UCONN needs to get out of the BE. but who's inviting us? no one at the moment. but i agree - any combo of what's left on the FB side plus the potential schools i mentioned above does not give the BE any chance of a BCS bid.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There is a possibility that the ACC may be re-thinking their invite process. I say this because Flipper has totally made the ACC look small and vindictive. There may be a possibility of talks as we write and discuss.

If history is any indicator, this could be good for us. Nobody knew about Pitt and Syracuse until it happened. Nobody knew about the TCU jump until it happened. The less we hear, the better. I believe Nebraska's jump to the Big 10 was also a "surprise."

And tie in Coach K's recent statement that the ACC going to 16 is good. I dare say Coach K and Duke carries a lot more weight that Flipper and BC.

Also throw in the recent article that the BE didn't talk or settle on new exit fees. You know Rutgers, USF, UWV, Louisville, Cinncy and us want no part of that discussion right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom