Jeff Jacobs: Crocker Comes Home, Hoping To Make UConn’s D Elite Once Again | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Crocker Comes Home, Hoping To Make UConn’s D Elite Once Again

Reaction Score

>>Crocker, who spent 12 years as an assistant at Villanova, is a man of substantial energy and enthusiasm. "I'm an emotional guy," he said. When he gets wired up at UConn practice, chances are strong he can be heard in Waterford without the help of audio-enhancing equipment. Yet it wasn't decibel count that moved Edsall to call Crocker shortly after he took the job to return to Storrs with the mission of putting UConn football back on the map.<<

>>"I did my research," Edsall said. "I also made some phone calls to people I've known who played against him. When I had a chance to bring him in and talk to him, his knowledge of the 3-3-5 and his enthusiasm and his ability to teach, really is what drew me to him."<<

Reaction Score
The reporters in this state really disliked Bob.

Diaco, the DC when Notre Dame got to the national title game, was obsessed with defense and staging press conference shows. If he spent as much time managing the entire program as he did trying to figure out ways to run more time off the clock and telling stories about fish cakes and Nickelodeon he may still have a job in Storrs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The reporters in this state really disliked Bob.

Diaco, the DC when Notre Dame got to the national title game, was obsessed with defense and staging press conference shows. If he spent as much time managing the entire program as he did trying to figure out ways to run more time off the clock and telling stories about fish cakes and Nickelodeon he may still have a job in Storrs.

And everyone else accept for those Golics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

>>Crocker, who spent 12 years as an assistant at Villanova, is a man of substantial energy and enthusiasm. "I'm an emotional guy," he said. When he gets wired up at UConn practice, chances are strong he can be heard in Waterford without the help of audio-enhancing equipment. Yet it wasn't decibel count that moved Edsall to call Crocker shortly after he took the job to return to Storrs with the mission of putting UConn football back on the map.<<

>>"I did my research," Edsall said. "I also made some phone calls to people I've known who played against him. When I had a chance to bring him in and talk to him, his knowledge of the 3-3-5 and his enthusiasm and his ability to teach, really is what drew me to him."<<

So freaking psyched for this season.

(God I hope we don't stink to high heaven. It would kill me. Not as fan, but literally kill me. I don't know how much more suck tolerance I have left in me.)

Reaction Score
I have been so focused on seeing the new offense, but the last line of the story is the best...

"And while Crocker calls Edsall's experience as a coach and defensive acumen, "an invaluable tool," his boss doesn't figure to micro-manage the defense. He'll be too busy overseeing the entire operation and burying the recipe for fish cakes."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have been so focused on seeing the new offense, but the last line of the story is the best...

"And while Crocker calls Edsall's experience as a coach and defensive acumen, "an invaluable tool," his boss doesn't figure to micro-manage the defense. He'll be too busy overseeing the entire operation and burying the recipe for fish cakes."
Lol, it's open season on Red Pants.

Reaction Score
I liked that Randy picked him up at the airport. I'd love to hear the conversation that took place during the ride to campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom