Jeff Jacobs chimes in | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs chimes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is easy. If UConn doesn't bolt to the ACC Herbst should be fired. duckk some other amalgamated conference. Been there done that.

Thamel, the NY Times writer that broke the story implied UConn to acc if be blows up.

This is a no brainer.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Rumor has it (from VUHoops.Com) that Nova was one of the ten schools that approached the ACC about joining.

Reaction Score
If option a is to keep the big east alive whether by a big 12 merger or raid, whoever advocates for that should be fired. Simmarily. There is no solidarity in the big east. The only thing uconn should do is act in its own self interest. Herbst got caught with her head in the sand. Duke today practically begged uconn to join. For how long will that door remain open?

Reaction Score
After Miami and Virginia Tech bolted the Big East in 2004 andBoston College followed in 2005, UConn fans should be long past the anger, the feelings of betrayal that come with conference defections. Member schools no longer are brothers with like minds and similar missions. They are corporate mergers of convenience that will separate at the very scent of money.

This is exactly how I feel. I cannot blame Pitt and SU for getting out while the getting was good.

Reaction Score
This is easy. If UConn doesn't bolt to the ACC Herbst should be fired. duckk some other amalgamated conference. Been there done that.

Thamel, the NY Times writer that broke the story implied UConn to acc if be blows up.

This is a no brainer.

and what if the ACC does not take us? Is that a no brainer? I amazed at the lack of thought on this. If it was that easy do you think it would have happened this weekend? You must be drinking too much rum!

Reaction Score
Ummmm..UConn-herbst and pendergast-got caught sticking their heads in the sand waiting on marinate to brief them next week. They have done nothing. No calls from herbst to anyone in the acc; no meetings;no feelers. After they get bitch slapped by pitt and su they still want as option one a "strong" big east? That is pathetically comical. .
and what if the ACC does not take us? Is that a no brainer? I amazed at the lack of thought on this. If it was that easy do you think it would have happened this weekend? You must be drinking too much rum!

Reaction Score
I think we are in agreement. Do you have proof that Uconn-Herbst have done nothing? I would agree but it's just a guess on my part.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Ummmm..UConn-herbst and pendergast-got caught sticking their heads in the sand waiting on marinate to brief them next week. They have done nothing. No calls from herbst to anyone in the acc; no meetings;no feelers..

That is wrong. Jeff Jacobs has confirmed that UConn has been in contact with the ACC. Try again.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Ummmm..UConn-herbst and pendergast-got caught sticking their heads in the sand waiting on marinate to brief them next week. They have done nothing. No calls from herbst to anyone in the acc; no meetings;no feelers. After they get bitch slapped by pitt and su they still want as option one a "strong" big east? That is pathetically comical. .

You keep saying this but you have no proof what Herbst and company were doing behind closed doors. The fact of the matter is Herbst is a Duke grad and has worked in the south for a good amount in her career. I'm sure she has been working diligently to do whats best for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The most likely scenario has always been some sort of BE ACC "merger". Unfortunately it is the BE cracking first with the SU-Pitt bailout. A sad way for them to go, given the identification with this league over these years. That said, if the ACC is the best geographic, athletic and academic match for us, we need to make our case for inclusion also. I know it stinks, but if a few asses have to be kissed then so be it. Funny that Duke may want us, given the fact we won't have the big lacrosse rivalry that Cuse brings... ;)

Reaction Score
Of course the Big East caved first. They are run by a shrewd business man who sold his school presidents on the idea of raising the exit fee to 20 million. The Big East is run by a guy who thought it wise to begin chirping about what a great position the league was going to be with the next television contract and thinks adding Villanova in football is a great idea. Swofford has taken the last two Big East commishes to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom