Jeff Jacobs: Bob Hurley Sr. provided big shoes to fill, footsteps to follow | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Bob Hurley Sr. provided big shoes to fill, footsteps to follow

Reaction Score

>>Bob Hurley Sr. watched his first UConn basketball practice last week. Two of his friends went along for the ride through the New York traffic toward the colorful autumn maples of northeast Connecticut...

...“On the way home from practice, we hit Frank Pepe’s in New Haven,” Hurley Sr. said. “When we got there — I had UConn stuff on — somebody waiting to get in began talking to me. I told them I was just up watching practice

Someone else heard me. I ended up having two separate conversations just waiting to get a table at Frank Pepe’s. All because I had a UConn jacket on. This just doesn’t happen to me, not based on what you’re wearing.”<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score

>>Bob Hurley Sr. watched his first UConn basketball practice last week. Two of his friends went along for the ride through the New York traffic toward the colorful autumn maples of northeast Connecticut...

...“On the way home from practice, we hit Frank Pepe’s in New Haven,” Hurley Sr. said. “When we got there — I had UConn stuff on — somebody waiting to get in began talking to me. I told them I was just up watching practice

Someone else heard me. I ended up having two separate conversations just waiting to get a table at Frank Pepe’s. All because I had a UConn jacket on. This just doesn’t happen to me, not based on what you’re wearing.”<<

I think he was just surprised that people recognized the gear before they recognized him. Thats going to change. Give it about 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
This state loves UConn basketball. Calhoun told Hurley that there are 3m people instate that are fans. Made me think about our situation. We have about 2.8M more fans than rutty, but half the TVs.

Reaction Score
Does he still coach high school hoop in New Jersey? Because if he doesn’t I would like him on the bench next to his son.

Reaction Score
I loved the quote

“My wife said when St. Anthony was closing that this would be a critical time in our relationship,” Bob Sr. said. “I was going to be home now and God knows what I’m going to do in the afternoon.”

Reaction Score
I think he was just surprised that people recognized the gear before they recognized him. Thats going to change. Give it about 20 minutes.
Maybe nobody knows him because he never sent players our way.

pj

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is ours and Hurley Sr. is helping him. That's all I care about. JC did OK without Hurley Sr.'s help. The world doesn't revolve around Storrs, only Connecticut does.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The world doesn't revolve around Storrs,
1541544016404.png

Reaction Score
Can we stop referring to this POS "reporter" by his real name? He is "some guy" we should never respect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom