Jeff Jacobs and Paul Doyle, both longtime Connecticut sports journalists, have joined Hearst Connect | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs and Paul Doyle, both longtime Connecticut sports journalists, have joined Hearst Connect

Reaction Score
In the small world that is CT journalism, it's a big deal. There are so damn few ways a journalist can monetize his/her experience and skills these days that you certainly can't blame either of them.

Reaction Score
In the small world that is CT journalism, it's a big deal. There are so damn few ways a journalist can monetize his/her experience and skills these days that you certainly can't blame either of them.
It is also an indication that the Courant, which has not even acknowledged their departures, does not really care about good journalism.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It is also an indication that the Courant, which has not even acknowledged their departures, does not really care about good journalism.
Or that the Courant had neither the wherewithal to stop them from leaving, that their leaving was not under the most gracious of circumstances, or the Courant is failing as a business.

Reaction Score
Not that I haven't appreciated Paul and Jeff, but I'm more concerned about Jim Fuller, who, IMHO, provides the most journalistic value to UConn fans. Jim works for the New Haven Register.

"Hearst Connecticut Media Group comprises eight daily newspapers in the state -- New Haven Register, Connecticut Post, The News-Times based in Danbury, Stamford Advocate, Norwalk Hour, Greenwich Time, The Middletown Press and The Register-Citizen based in Torrington..."

I still miss Rich, don't want to lose Jim also. :( :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom