Jeff Hathaway | The Boneyard

Jeff Hathaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse, but can someone name even one thing that he did that was halfway decent? He just defines the word incompetent. He only had to make one significant in 8 years and he hired Paul Pasqualoni. What a disaster.

Reaction Score
He got himself a job that allows UConn to continue to pay him despite his amazing decisions while here.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse, but can someone name even one thing that he did that was halfway decent? He just defines the word incompetent. He only had to make one significant in 8 years and he hired Paul Pasqualoni. What a disaster.

If we win this game, do you make this statement?

I'm not saying that Pasqualoni is living up to the position. But a week ago, everyone was ready to annoint Don Brown a saint, and today we give up 24 points to Western Michigan's offense, the biggest total to date (even after having played two ACC teams). There was a lot wrong today, and there is plenty of blame to go around, unfortunately...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Man it seems like got alittle worse today D got exposed cuz of injury

Reaction Score
If 24 points is a bad day for Don Brown, I'll take it.

Based on what we've seen from both the past year and a half, i'd feel much better about DB as HC and PP coaching the linebackers.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If 24 points is a bad day for Don Brown, I'll take it.

Based on what we've seen from both the past year and a half, i'd feel much better about DB as HC and PP coaching the linebackers.

I don't want to come off as criticizing Don Brown. He is a great defensive coach. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of reasons we lost today, including what is normally considered to be our strongest asset by far. Let me put it another way; if Carder doesn't come out of the game, I'm not sure that they stop scoring at 30, and that is really troubling.

For me, I'll focus on the positives, which is that the defense got some stops when it needed to, the coaches finally gave up on the wildcat, and Whitmer finally got complete series of offense so that he can showcase his stuff. And his stuff is good when he's allowed to stay in the game. It's just a tough loss to swallow...

Reaction Score
If we win this game, do you make this statement?

I'm not saying that Pasqualoni is living up to the position. But a week ago, everyone was ready to annoint Don Brown a saint, and today we give up 24 points to Western Michigan's offense, the biggest total to date (even after having played two ACC teams). There was a lot wrong today, and there is plenty of blame to go around, unfortunately...

Maybe I don't make that post on here, but I'd still have the same opinion that I do now.

Reaction Score
I too would like to extend my hearty congrats to JH for combing the nation far and wide for the most dynamic, cutting-edge, 21st century thinking football mind. Well done, Jeff!

anyone taking shots at Don Brown for this loss needs to seriously examine their cranium. Not saying his game plan today was 100 percent perfect, but at least it was aggressive and he moved people around. After our first offensive play - which was a well-designed, well-thought-out rollout, the sort of play I've been advocating - we quickly slipped back into GDs horsesh*t offense. Straight dropbacks, two tights. . . .and then the momentum-killing switch to the wildcat in the end zone, never mind going 2 wildcat 2 plays after having to switch centers

If this program was below the Mason-Dixon line, DeLeone would be gone after this game. Actually, probably would have been gone after NC State.

Reaction Score
I don't want to come off as criticizing Don Brown. He is a great defensive coach. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of reasons we lost today, including what is normally considered to be our strongest asset by far. Let me put it another way; if Carder doesn't come out of the game, I'm not sure that they stop scoring at 30, and that is really troubling.

For me, I'll focus on the positives, which is that the defense got some stops when it needed to, the coaches finally gave up on the wildcat, and Whitmer finally got complete series of offense so that he can showcase his stuff. And his stuff is good when he's allowed to stay in the game. It's just a tough loss to swallow...

Hey, I can focus on the positive too. USF is losing to Ball State by two scores. Maybe they suck worse than us.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Hey, I can focus on the positive too. USF is losing to Ball State by two scores. Maybe they suck worse than us.

Ummm.....I feel worse now. And I wasn't even sure that was possible. So....thanks??

Reaction Score
If this program was below the Mason-Dixon line, DeLeone would be gone after this game. Actually, probably would have been gone after NC State.

The one thing you've said that I won't disagree with... the problem is weren't not and we don't have the booster money to toss him out, pay his contract and hire another.

Reaction Score
I have been a big fan of Don Brown's coaching, but today was a case of an extremely poor game plan. Why? Because in practice this past week, they focused on the run. WM only rushed for about 20 yards against us last year. Huge mistake.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"Gee golly gosh golly gee golly gosh golly gee golly gosh golly gee golly gosh golly gee golly gosh golly gee golly gosh golly gee."- Jeff Hathaway

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What bothers me most about this is that when RE left we may have been in the best position we will ever be in (realignment playing a role) to hire a a bright young coach willing to build on what we had and make this his legacy.

It will be very difficult to find someone who is willing to make this a permanent home and can make us a relevant program on the national landscape.

Reaction Score
JH pulled off a magnificent two-fer. Not only did he severely underkick the coverage on the hire, but he also was so arrogant/ignorant he majorly hacked off the guy whose name is on the football facility in the process. You don't come across that kind of Costanzian form too often at this level. Although I guess the Maryland folks probably feel the same about their current AD.

Reaction Score
JH pulled off a magnificent two-fer. Not only did he severely underkick the coverage on the hire, but he also was so arrogant/ignorant he majorly hacked off the guy whose name is on the football facility in the process. You don't come across that kind of Costanzian form too often at this level. Although I guess the Maryland folks probably feel the same about their current AD.
No I think Maryland folks are happy they didn't hire Hathaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom