Jeff Goodman being weird with the Hurleys | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Goodman being weird with the Hurleys

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Even (or especially) if they are long-time buds, there are conversations you can have with friends in private that you can't have on a public platform representing a state university. Goodman, as the journalist in the mix, should know better that to try and lead his 'buds' down that road.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Even (or especially) if they are long-time buds, there are conversations you can have with friends in private that you can't have on a public platform representing a state university. Goodman, as the journalist in the mix, should know better that to try and lead his 'buds' down that road.
I’m trying to imagine someone asking Calhoun that question.

Picture it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I’m trying to imagine someone asking Calhoun that question.

Picture it.

Not hard to imagine - pretty common story among certain generational/cultural/demographic groupings.
~Made me the man I am. But I had to move out when I started whipping him back...~

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Not hard to imagine - pretty common story among certain generational/cultural/demographic groupings.
~Made me the man I am. But I had to move out when I started whipping him back...~
the lions share ( not all, but many) of the people born anytime before 1970 have those stories. It isn’t some sort of “ Jersey city toughness badge of honor” that has been put forth in this thread either.

It’s just an inappropriate, crappy question by a CBB hack thinking he is either edgy or funny.

JC would’ve shut that pod down immediately while spitting at the screen, and Dan you could tell, wanted to.

Reaction Score
This was my thought...

How tone deaf can you possibly be given the Chris Beard Situation?

Also, acting like people aren't punished for things that have happened 30+ years ago...
This was recorded last week, published in the Goodman & Hummel feed last Friday and then I dropped it in the TOP DOGS feed Monday morning before the news broke with Beard.

And Goodman asked because he has known them forever and thinks it's hilarious to put them in awkward spots in a setting like this. This one kinda flopped IMO, but you don't bat 1.000.

Reaction Score
the lions share ( not all, but many) of the people born anytime before 1970 have those stories. It isn’t some sort of “ Jersey city toughness badge of honor” that has been put forth in this thread either.

It’s just an inappropriate, crappy question by a CBB hack thinking he is either edgy or funny.

JC would’ve shut that pod down immediately while spitting at the screen, and Dan you could tell, wanted to.
If you grew up where their dad did and went to those schools you got it at school if you acted up and you got it at home if you acted up. I don't know if the schools were still dishing it out when Dan and Bobby grew up but many parents certainly were still doing it at home. It was all very common in Irish-American households in Jersey City. It has nothing to do with toughness or Jersey City toughness, it's just how things were handled when their dad was growing up and when they were growing up.

You have no idea how Calhoun would react to his buddy chewing the fat with him on a podcast. I do find it highly unlikely Calhoun would spit at the screen though.

Reaction Score
The entire interview felt 'off.' Goodman tries to hard to mess around, but comes across as a jerk or it just doesn't land. And his co-host legit just sat there for an hour

Reaction Score
My interpretation is that Goodman thought Dan was talking about Bob Senior, since most people refer to Junior as "Bobby."

The coaches formerly known as Danny and Bobby are now Dan and Bob since there’s a younger generation of Danny and Bobby, who now mostly go by Dan and Bobby (or Trey). Hope that clears it up.

(pick different names and there would not be such confusion!)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The coaches formerly known as Danny and Bobby are now Dan and Bob since there’s a younger generation of Danny and Bobby, who now mostly go by Dan and Bobby (or Trey). Hope that clears it up.

(pick different names and there would not be such confusion!)
But can Trey play maze?

Inside joke which a bunch of uconn fans actually get ;-)

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You have no idea how Calhoun would react to his buddy chewing the fat with him on a podcast. I do find it highly unlikely Calhoun would spit at the screen though.
JC spits when yelling when he is angry it’s unintentional, but true. You’ve seen it a million times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom