Jeff Anderson Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Anderson Appreciation Thread

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Horrible reffing. Allowed us to get back in the game. Who know's who his calls favor next game? BTW, does anyone know why Jeff Anderson high-step's? Is it an ailment or something? If it is intentional or for entertainment purposes, it needs to stop, IMO. That is downright "clown" like. Hmmm, heard that before.
Entire account.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I thought the charges on Newton were really bad.

But I was dumbstruck that Anderson let S.Miller go off without a verbal.

Also, the amount of time they spent confirming things at the scorers table was nuts.

Didn’t think they were unfair towards us, just not a well reffed game
I think this is a perfect example of how Sean Miller single handedly took control of the game. A very lengthy "time out" (without paying for one! They were playing only seven men) in the middle of a rally and shutting down the crowd in an absolute frenzy. This over the number of fouls Freemantle had? Laughable. Outfoxed again. Kudos to Sean Miller for demonstrating to DH how to handle refs. And not one pout.

Reaction Score
Miller was only playing 7 guys (6 after Freemantle) and they were gassed from our pressing. He knew he needed to give his guys a breather. So he took a few minutes to have the refs do his assistant's job and they indulged him.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bad angle on the critical travel by Newton down the stretch and no replay not sure if it was a good call or not. There were a couple calls where I was like “wow I can’t believe we got that call” and a couple “are you kidding me?!?l” calls. The goaltend on AJ was a bad call.

Reaction Score
I think this is a perfect example of how Sean Miller single handedly took control of the game. A very lengthy "time out" (without paying for one! They were playing only seven men) in the middle of a rally and shutting down the crowd in an absolute frenzy. This over the number of fouls Freemantle had? Laughable. Outfoxed again. Kudos to Sean Miller for demonstrating to DH how to handle refs. And not one pout.
Miller was showing he can play chess.. Even had Freemantle stay in game to extend the "timeout" for a few moments until it was concluded he had fouled out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sean Miller was pouting and complaining plenty. If you were at the game it was obvious.

Kudos to him for trying the trick. Boo-dohs to the Refs for allowing it to happen.

As posted above, apparently the story was that scorer's table "told Xavier coaches that Freemantle had 3 fouls when he actually had 4"?

That being said, it was clearly displayed on the Gampel boxscore scoreboards that he had 4 fouls for about 3-4 minutes of game time. I 100% guarantee that SOMEBODY on the Xavier bench had to notice this. But they did nothing at all to clarify until after his 5th foul? LOL

It was BS "gamesmanship" on the part of Miller that the Refs should have shut down in <1 minute and gotten the game re-started.

Instead, they dawdled around for what seemed like an eternity (would have loved to have had a stopwatch on it...it had to have been 4-5 minutes, maybe even 8-10min?)

Referee crews across CBB absolutely suck, and this was just another example of how they influence the game negatively.

Reaction Score
BTW...if not mistaken...the lead official( Anderson) made the goal tend call. The center and trail officials have rim responsibility. The lead official has none. I think that's why Anderson came out with such emphatic signal on the goaltend. He knew it wasn't his call but he had to sell it. Whoever observed this crew will have a lot to say on their performance. One official hardly blew the whistle. That's a no-no.

Reaction Score
BTW...if not mistaken...the lead official( Anderson) made the goal tend call. The center and trail officials have rim responsibility. The lead official has none. I think that's why Anderson came out with such emphatic signal on the goaltend. He knew it wasn't his call but he had to sell it. Whoever observed this crew will have a lot to say on their performance. One official hardly blew the whistle. That's a no-no.
He came out that emphatic because Jeff won’t allow the game to go on without everyone knowing Jeff Anderson is on the court.

A good ref is someone who seamlessly blends in and is barely noticed.

Reaction Score
They were mostly fine…2 big issues I had were the Newton offensive foul late and the Jackson and 1 goaltend….hasn’t been talked about much but I watched the replay a couple times and that ball was not in the cylinder. Had absolutely zero shot of going in.
I totally agree. That was a BS goaltending, but you saw Anderson emphatically make the "it counts" signal about 4-5x almost like it was a make up for Freemantle fouling out.

Reaction Score
They were mostly fine…2 big issues I had were the Newton offensive foul late and the Jackson and 1 goaltend….hasn’t been talked about much but I watched the replay a couple times and that ball was not in the cylinder. Had absolutely zero shot of going in.
Doesn't need to be in the cylinder if it's off the window first, which it was. Just a colossally dumb play by AJ there as that ball had zero chance of going in.

Reaction Score
Turning points for me were 1) trying to make a momentum play versus the best play (3 v 1 oop versus a simple 2, the oop attempt on the inbound, another failed oop to hawk) and the Hockey substitution at the 10 or 12 minute mark where we cut it close & then X went on another run.

Refs didn’t do a bad job this game imo

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I was a bit stunned they let it go one for so long, hell Miller even convinced them to drag Hurley in (I'm sure hoping for fireworks). I was pleasantly surprised by how even keeled DH was about it even though in another life I would want him screaming at them for allowing a free time out to Xavier. Otherwise I thought the game was reasonably called, there will always be a few calls each way which seem like BS.

Reaction Score
If we could only keep Anderson out of our opponent's huddle during time outs yuckin' it up with their assistants..I'd feel a little better when he's reffing our games..

Reaction Score
ya, we're not doing the 'ref' thing anymore. that was last month's excuse.
Last year, this years, you name it. They are horrible and it is not whining or bad sportsmanship to point it out every time it happens. Guess what, It always happens. Ergo the posts.

BTW, Unlike the majority of our fans, I think the refs mostly screwed Xavier, this time around. UConn just did not capitalize (hit FT would have done it). Overall, they were bad for both teams. BTW, there are 3 of them. Even if 2 are humanly good, the other can be humanly horrible. It takes one to piss in the pool, unfortunately.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Last year, this years, you name it. They are horrible and it is not whining or bad sportsmanship to point it out every time it happens. Guess what, It always happens. Ergo the posts.

BTW, Unlike the majority of our fans, I think the refs mostly screwed Xavier, this time around. UConn just did not capitalize (hit FT would have done it). Overall, they were bad for both teams. BTW, there are 3 of them. Even if 2 are humanly good, the other can be humanly horrible. It takes one to piss in the pool, unfortunately.
i find zebras to be exactly like most any other group of professionals that i have ever encountered - some great, some lousy, and most living in that vast middle of good enough for government work. bell curve an all that.

Reaction Score
i find zebras to be exactly like most any other group of professionals that i have ever encountered - some great, some lousy, and most living in that vast middle of good enough for government work. bell curve an all that.
Good take. I agree. But it is OK to call them out and say, "great", "lousy" and "meh", when they are great, lousy and meh. You can't call a lousy ref. "meh" simply because on average they are all "meh". Call them like you see em. It is not bad to do that.

Reaction Score
When Freemantle got his 4th Miller turned towards one of his assistants and held up 4 fingers saying
"thats 4". He knew the whole time. The fans knew right away as well and were waiting to call out his steps till Freemantle sat down. The fact it went on that long needs to be looked into.

Reaction Score
Miller "forgot" that Freemantle's half of the double technical would have been his fourth personal and needed the ref to recite the entire rule book to refresh his memory.
I told my whole section of the crowd that's what happened immediately when the double Ts were called. I said that was a good exchange for us!

How Miller was unaware and was able to delay the game that long when most of the crowd knew is crazy!

Reaction Score
I told my whole section of the crowd that's what happened immediately when the double Ts were called. I said that was a good exchange for us!

How Miller was unaware and was able to delay the game that long when most of the crowd knew is crazy!
He was able to get away with it because he knows most referees are bad at their job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom