Jeff Adrien to the Rockets | The Boneyard

Jeff Adrien to the Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news for Jeff. You have to like when hard work and perseverance pays off.

Reaction Score
I'll believe it more when it comes from someplace other than twitter. Hope it's a fact!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Congrats Jeff!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congrats Jeff.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Jeff played well in limited action w GS last season or two seasons ago if I remember right. Good to see his name popping up in the NBA again. Congrats Jeff.

Reaction Score
Thabeet may be a horrible basketball player but he is 6 fouls with a couple of blocks, thats valuable to teams. 7'3'' Is pretty valuable, too. If he is waived I wouldn't mind the C's taking a shot. After all, he will still be making that money from Houston so it is plausible that he would take a lower paycheck.

Reaction Score
Thabeet may be a horrible basketball player but he is 6 fouls with a couple of blocks, thats valuable to teams. 7'3'' Is pretty valuable, too. If he is waived I wouldn't mind the C's taking a shot. After all, he will still be making that money from Houston so it is plausible that he would take a lower paycheck.
I disagree with this. Watching him out on the floor is more than painful. He gets pushed around a ton on defense and his offensive game is awful. He gets a couple of blocks because of his size, but in terms of overall game, there are a ton of options better than he is. He just doesn't seem to have that aggressive bulldog mentality that you need.

Reaction Score
not to hijack the thread but does anybody know what's going on with SRob? I went to google him the other day to see how he was doing in the Dleague and I read that he voluntarily left his team for "personal reasons", hope it wasn't anything bad.

Reaction Score
I can not believe that everyone has given up on Thabeet after 2 seasons. He must have really left a bad impression with his work ethic on these teams because he was drafted as a 3-4 year project and no rational person would ever expect him to be an instant impact player. He is still 7'3 and athletic.

On another note, great for Jeff. Couldn't be happier for the guy.

Reaction Score
there were reports out of Houston about how he was working individually with a coach(can't remember the name) and how he was showing up early every day and putting the hours in. It didn't sound as if he was being lazy or uncommitted then, I don't know what's up, maybe he's slipped or they don't think he's worth the investment.

Reaction Score
Great news for Jeff!
Glad to see good things happening for him.

Reaction Score
there were reports out of Houston about how he was working individually with a coach(can't remember the name) and how he was showing up early every day and putting the hours in. It didn't sound as if he was being lazy or uncommitted then, I don't know what's up, maybe he's slipped or they don't think he's worth the investment.
Yeah, someone will still take a chance on him, but you can't pay a player that much to sit on the bench and develop.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great news for Jeff! I wish him all the best of success.

In regard to Hasheem, he not been given a fair shot in person I was hoping that they would be more willing to develop him as a player. However, salary cap implications are driving a lot of decisions in the NBA right now. With proper to tutelage, I still believe that he could be a solid backup center in the NBA. He certainly has natural instinct for shot blocking and he has very good natural athletic ability for his size. If he does get amnesty, I hope he can plan with the team that'll be willing to develop him, even if he only gets a minimum salary.

Reaction Score
In other news, Jerome is in camp with the Hornets. Should be a good opportunity for him.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wonder if Jeff still calls his own fouls after every missed shot, methinks the NBA refs won't like that much.
But seriously I'm happy for him.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In the article I read about Robinson it said he'd be welcomed back on to the roster when he chose to return, so I don't think his absence is due to any kind of disciplinary measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom