JC "Has Not Ruled Out a Return to Coaching"? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JC "Has Not Ruled Out a Return to Coaching"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
A team USA situation or something similar probably wouldn't be out of the cards. FIBA U19? The assistant coach thing sounds plausable as well... but his personality might get in the way. Although he has handled the transition pretty well in my opinion... let's see if he's still handling it so well when they drop three in a row though? :D

Reaction Score
you guys have been following UConn for this long and haven't realized that JC has no filter when he speaks?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
you guys have been following UConn for this long and haven't realized that JC has no filter when he speaks?

Yeah, but it's less endearing now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Exactly. One of his flaws. And it opens him up to ridicule. It's a shame really because he has so many positive attributes that imo are far more significant than the foot and mouth weakness. But our culture, and perhaps the human genetic composition, filters things on outward appearances more than substance.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
pc could hire him to win a championship.

I don't see JC going to PC unless it was to use as a stepping stone to a more relevant program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't see JC going to PC unless it was to use as a stepping stone to a more relevant program.
Would you call this a reinforcement on an already existing dig?

Reaction Score
Seriously, the idea that anyone is taking this seriously, including that ESPN blogger, is just crazy. You'd think he'd said "I have my eye on a few potential openings." He didn't. He said "never say never."

Reaction Score
JC should start an AAU team, build a powerhouse, and steer those kids to us while giving the NCAA the middle finger.

Reaction Score
I'm watching halftime of the women's game, and I swear to God I just heard Cindy Brunson say that JC "has not ruled out a return to coaching".

Did anybody else catch this?

If it turns out I misheard something, please don't flame me to holy hell.

Edit: not making up, check out this article, with a quote on YES.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/ncaa/12/03/calhoun-cancer-surgery.ap/

I thought I heard that also. I just assumed I mis-heard the actual comment.

Reaction Score
She said it with a smile, he might have been joking.

But perhaps he'd consider coming back to be an assistant if that was the only thing that would keep KO as head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom