JC "Has Not Ruled Out a Return to Coaching"? | The Boneyard

JC "Has Not Ruled Out a Return to Coaching"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

That thought had actually entered my mind a few weeks ago. Not necessarily the Warde-KO power play, but JC taking over the reins again after this year. If so, pretty cowardly to dump this mess in KO's lap.

H

Husk-E

Yeah, and Phil Jackson was going to start coaching the Lakers again, it's just buzz, don't listen to it.

H

Husk-E

I really hope he doesn't do this. It will just make things even more awkward.
He probably won't, knowing Calhoun he wouldn't do that to the team, plus he still has his dignity. No reason to go around pulling a coach version of MJ now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really love stories like these. Actually, no. I don't.

Reaction Score
"I would never say never."

It's a saying. Like, "you never know." It's far different than saying he didn't rule it out. "I'm not going to say never" is different than saying, "I won't rule it out."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

It's a saying. Like, "you never know." It's far different than saying he didn't rule it out. "I'm not going to say never" is different than saying, "I won't rule it out."

There is truth in these words.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

He also went on to say he wouldn't be coaching next year. He said it would have to be the right situation... and I'm pretty sure UConn would never be the right situation.

Reaction Score
He also went on to say he wouldn't be coaching next year. He said it would have to be the right situation... and I'm pretty sure UConn would never be the right situation.

Then where? The NBA? I don't see it. I certainly can't see another college team.

Reaction Score
Tough year for JC with the spinal stenosis, then we just find out he had surgery in May to remove something on his lung, three months later he breaks his hip for his third major surgery of 2012. Now i see why he retired and i dont want to hear any of the BS about him quitting on the team because of the post season ban.

You can easily make the argument that if he didnt have the cancer scare in May, and he didnt fall off his bike that it would be a different story and he would be on the sidelines right now. Knowing how Calhoun is, he probably wanted to continue coaching and it bothers him his body wasnt physically up to it.

caw

Reaction Score
High school team, JK :-p Actually I could see Calhoun having fun coaching anywhere.

Reaction Score
I think it's a bad idea but unfortunately I do see him coaching again. He's ultra competitive and needs his fix. I just hope it's at the high school level, bc it would hurt to see him at another college.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Two words. BOBBY KNIGHT. He should never have gone to coach at Texas Tech and even approaching 70 he still hinted at a return to coaching. JC, please don't tarnish the image.

Maybe he can be Ollie's 'Blaney'.....

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Calhoun being a Blaney would be like Rosie O'Donnell being a Victoria's Secret model.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'd coach anything but the college game, and I can't believe he would coach anyone but the Huskies in D1. Could totally see him coaching some D2 or 3 school just to get his fix. I wouldn't even be against that, it'd be fun to see him out there again a couple years down the road.

Reaction Score
I hadn't considered the Ass't Coach angle. Maybe like a Gene Keady at St. John's? Say Ollie doesn't get a contract, then gets hired by Cal. San Diego where he can work his LA contacts. Why wouldn't Calhoun move out to San Diego?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I hadn't considered the Ass't Coach angle. Maybe like a Gene Keady at St. John's? Say Ollie doesn't get a contract, then gets hired by Cal. San Diego where he can work his LA contacts. Why wouldn't Calhoun move out to San Diego?
Or, Miller/Hobbs get other coaching jobs and there's a spot suddenly open on UConns bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom