JC and Wichita St question | The Boneyard

JC and Wichita St question

Reaction Score
Ok the main question for the game Saturday - what bars open early and what time?

Ok now JC. Just an FYI he was with Glen Miller at the Easthampton HS in CT recruiting a kid named Tom Close supposedly, not sure how good he is but my buddy took the pic and said he's a nice player most interest is Eastern ECSU but it was exciting for the little town to have JC and Glen there, both were very cordial and communicated with fans. Here ya go:

IMG_1181.JPG

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok the main question for the game Saturday - what bars open early and what time?

Ok now JC. Just an FYI he was with Glen Miller at the Easthampton HS in CT recruiting a kid named Tom Close supposedly, not sure how good he is but my buddy took the pic and said he's a nice player most interest is Eastern ECSU but it was exciting for the little town to have JC and Glen there, both were very cordial and communicated with fans. Here ya go:

View attachment 27293
Nice touch with JC under the Lyme-Old Lyme banner.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Where is Glen Miller working? I'm assuming you mean JC was recruiting the kid for St. Joe's the DIII school? What about all the D1 recruits he's bringing to St. Joe's??? :rolleyes:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are you being funny like "20 minutes" Swag? LOL

Just curious as to which one (s) too .... heard Bear's was 11 and Woody's not until 12?
i think rocking horse and tavern open at at 10 am

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Was JC crying like in my avatar or just crying on the inside?

Reaction Score
Where is Glen Miller working? I'm assuming you mean JC was recruiting the kid for St. Joe's the DIII school? What about all the D1 recruits he's bringing to St. Joe's??? :rolleyes:

Maybe he is recruiting the kid at EHS and Glen to be the coach all in one night?

Reaction Score
You just can't be all that happy last the Eastern coach knowing JC is now looking at a kid you would like to have.:confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You just can't be all that happy last the Eastern coach knowing JC is now looking at a kid you would like to have.:confused:

If I’m the head coach at Eastern - I would laugh myself to sleep that Glen Miller has been reduced to tagging along to a Shoreline game trying to recruit for a girl’s college.

I’d probably ask him if he needed me to start a gofundme.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
IMG_3500.JPG
I was just in East Hampton today at Sports 66. Nice place. Coach Calhoun was also just honored at a basketball tournament yesterday at Wilbur Cross highschool in New Haven. Small world. That's Calhoun standing next to legendary Wilbur Cross highschool coach Bob Salsbury. As for bar openings, Nipseys and The Regal Beagle are always open.

Reaction Score
View attachment 27296 I was just in East Hampton today at Sports 66. Nice place. Coach Calhoun was also just honored at a basketball tournament yesterday at Wilbur Cross highschool in New Haven. Small world. That's Calhoun standing next to legendary Wilbur Cross highschool coach Bob Salsbury. As for bar openings, Nipseys and The Regal Beagle are always open.

Wow Coach Salisbury looks tremendous. Coached some of the best players ever in New Haven, a legend and supposedly a great man.

What is "always open" and I hate to say I've never been to Nipsey's or the Regal Beagle were they called something else years ago? Is Suzanne Summers going to be at the RB?

Thanks Horatio

Reaction Score
View attachment 27296 I was just in East Hampton today at Sports 66. Nice place. Coach Calhoun was also just honored at a basketball tournament yesterday at Wilbur Cross highschool in New Haven. Small world. That's Calhoun standing next to legendary Wilbur Cross highschool coach Bob Salsbury. As for bar openings, Nipseys and The Regal Beagle are always open.
Bob Saulsbury is 88 years old, he looks absolutely incredible.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
In the season opener the Bellringers rained threes on Valley Regional all night. Perhaps Close is a shooter in the JC mold?

C

Chief00

View attachment 27293

Mau - He is a cordial guy but he can also look a little annoyed. LOL

Climbing and sitting in tight quarters on bleachers can’t be the easiest thing with his knee/hips situation at 6-4.

Ironically, I see an Old Lyme banner on the wall, that’s where his coaching career started - full circle.

I will say this - you won’t outwork JC.

C

Chief00

He is casting a wide net and don’t forget - this dude actually strategically plans a roster - a team of all 18 years olds - no matter how talented - would get killed in year one. So he needs a mix in terms of maturity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom