Jaylin Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Williams

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
really???? wow when's the last time we had a top 50 recruit coming off the bench?!

jackson also expects to "play decent minutes" as a freshman. as you recognized, it gets complicated if we sign a second guard/wing like thomas or lane. either would be competing with jackson right away for that third starting spot alongside gilbert or cole, and bouknight. there's just more PT to go around in the frontcourt.

regarding jaylin in particular, he was at peach jam so i assume hurley saw him... but positive speculation never hurt anyone. as you said it's fun to hypothesize while there's still a chance of these things happening and he's simply the best shooter among the four PFs hurley still appears involved with (ware, springs, and taylor being the others)

As others have said, most recruits at that level don't start right away. Not on good teams anyway. Now top 10 guys, yes, they come in and start. In part because they choose situations that allow them to do so. UK and Duke lately have had so many one and done's that it leaves gaping holes in the lineup every year. But very few freshmen are better than experienced juniors and seniors, and Carlton has had a lot of playing time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I

I believe Jeremy was in the starting line up from game one

I just looked it up and am surprised at how much he played early in the year. I remember him only getting minimal playing time until a few games into conference play. I must be remembering that two game stretch where he barely saw the court against Texas and Rutgers and extrapolating it out further, I guess?

Reaction Score
As others have said, most recruits at that level don't start right away.

kemba- #12 - 2 games started
lamb- #86 - 40 games started
roscoe- #31- 33 games started
adams- #23 - 11 games started
durham-#50 - 0 games started
gilbert- #32 - 22 of 23 games started as a redshirt freshmen

completely understood. durham and adams are good examples from recent history, but i can always hope for a jeremy lamb situation

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This thread has gone off the rails quick, about a guy I'm not even sure we're recruiting hard

Reaction Score
This thread has gone off the rails quick, about a guy I'm not even sure we're recruiting hard

i truly dont get this attitude...it's omnipresent here. hope is bashed as ignorance or a waste of time...meanwhile the big east v. aac civil war rages on even though it's truly moot. most posters here are argumentative just for the sake of it. is the only safe ground found in threads ranking the best chicken wings in CT??? if it's not kosher to discuss recruiting and hypothetical lineups then what's the point? message boards were created for fans that are bored at work, so as long as someone isn't unnecessarily bashing the program or players just let it go. we all root for the same team here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i truly dont get this attitude...it's omnipresent here. hope is bashed as ignorance or a waste of time...meanwhile the big east v. aac civil war rages on even though it's truly moot. most posters here are argumentative just for the sake of it. is the only safe ground found in threads ranking the best chicken wings in CT??? if it's not kosher to discuss recruiting and hypothetical lineups then what's the point? message boards were created for fans that are bored at work, so as long as someone isn't unnecessarily bashing the program or players just let it go. we all root for the same team here.
Calm down. This wasn't a shot at you...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
58% 3% (on 17 attempts!) .... at 6'10"? Me like. Me like a lot.

That’s a really small sample size.

The 60% ft shooting is probably a better indication of his true shooting ability, but still depends on how many FTs he shot. I’m assuming it’s more than 17

Reaction Score

The 60% ft shooting is probably a better indication of his true shooting ability, but still depends on how many FTs he shot. I’m assuming it’s more than 17

Went 1/14 in 5 games from deep at peach jam. So in 18 games, 31 attempts, he averaged 35.5%

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Went 1/14 in 5 games from deep at peach jam. So in 18 games, 31 attempts, he averaged 35.5%

Do you know if either league was using the new 3pt line distance?

Reaction Score
Do you know if either league was using the new 3pt line distance?

Doubt it. I'd give it a few years before most venues have repainted floors to include the new distance.

I didn't see any new college lines at AAU tourneys this year... not EYBL level.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

I get its a small sample size, but he's a kid (who we have to assume will continue to improve). Even if his true percentage is closer to 30%-35% from deep that would be good for any freshman, let a lone a 6'10" PF/C...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom