2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart to visit in September | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart to visit in September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Castle said he’s planning to visit UConn in early September, possibly along with Ball and the Huskies’ other 2023 commit, 6-8 forward Jayden Ross. Highly-coveted recruit Jaylin Stewart is also slated to be on his official visit the same weekend."

Reaction Score
Stephon and family have shown they’re willing and able to travel. Having Solo and Jayden a little closer than they were is a nice boost.

The staff handles these officials very well. They do their thing but also give the recruit time away from them to hang with the current players and commits, when available, to ask any questions, see if they vibe, all that.

There are sometimes no better recruiters than your potential future teammates. The new wrinkle this time around is all the transfers- fewer guys that have been through a season with this staff but more guys who can talk about the differences between their old and new places (and it’s all positive- the new guys are loving it).

Reaction Score
"Castle said he’s planning to visit UConn in early September, possibly along with Ball and the Huskies’ other 2023 commit, 6-8 forward Jayden Ross. Highly-coveted recruit Jaylin Stewart is also slated to be on his official visit the same weekend."

This article deserves its own thread. I'll let you do the honors since you posted it.

Reaction Score
1A0666BE-AA1A-4E37-8D55-59B07BE1B1B9.png

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Has officialled anywhere else yet? Trying to understand On3’s alg, and wondering if that huge bounce is only due to the announcement of the official visit date.

Reaction Score
Has officialled anywhere else yet? Trying to understand On3’s alg, and wondering if that huge bounce is only due to the announcement of the official visit date.

Nope. This is his first official visit and as of now, no other visits scheduled.

For info on the algorithm there is this article: On3 Releases Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM)

So from reading the article, my guess is because this is his only visit on the books that is why it heavily favors UConn.

Reaction Score
Thanks for that interview video. When I watched some Peach Jam I knew he wasn't 6'5 185lbs like some listings have him. From his mouth he is 6'7 215lbs after losing weight to make himself more athletic. I also had to chuckle at myself about our coaching staff talking with his grandparents. When that was posted I think myself and others presumed our staff had gone the extra mile to know the family. The fact that he lives with his grandparents who are raising him, makes it obvious that that is who any staff would be talking to. Erroneous assumption worth a chuckle and a reminder not to jump to conclusions.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Cumberland comparison seems pretty good, and he was definitely a guy I always wished was in a husky uni instead of an leprechaun one.

Reaction Score
Assuming the staff did their homework on pulled pork/chicken and mac and cheese.. Still time to change the menu to match up with the culinary vibe of JS for next weekend's meet and greet event.

Reaction Score
Great time to visit with a real nice late summer weekend. Excited and like everybody want his commitment.
Would be an added benefit if he came to the football game to a packed house and a miracle win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom