Jaylin Stewart next castle. Caron butler clone | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart next castle. Caron butler clone

Reaction Score
This guy is gonna. Be the next lotto pick.
He’s a higher ceiling than alex k has the pro body athletic ability and while he didn’t play a great deal received top tier experience
In some ways next years club might have the highest ceiling if that’s possible

Reaction Score
might have the highest ceiling among who or what? our last 2 teams? unless you're assuming Karaban comes back and we get McNeeley and Traore then it's not possible

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He’s a higher ceiling than alex k has the pro body athletic ability and while he didn’t play a great deal received top tier experience

You can't ever be wrong when you qualify it with "might".

Reaction Score
Long way from being in the lotto. Let’s hope he spend a ton of time improving his shooting. Shot 27% from three and under 50% from the line this year.
Potential is there if he improves his shooting

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Peak Scrappy

Reaction Score
I don't really know whos game Stew resonates. All I know is next season is his. Sophomore star similar to Hawkins

Reaction Score
Closest comp to Stew may be Deandre Daniels. He too had a breakout sophomore year. Stew doesn’t appear to be the same level of shooter but he’s more physical.

Reaction Score
Stewart gives us lots of reasons to believe he will be a star. That said, I don't think his game is at all like Caron Butler.
I agree. Butler seemed to have a pro's body from the start. He could just punish defenders. I see Stewart more like a Denham Brown only with more confidence, at least at end of year. I thought Brown really had the potential to be great at UConn. It seemed like his shooting got worse every year.

Reaction Score
I love Stewart's game but freshman Caron Butler comp is more appropriate for Stephon Castle (with a little Jimmy Butler thrown in.)
If sophomore Stewart becomes sophomore Caron, that will be something we'll be celebrating in San Antonio.

Reaction Score
I think Stewart is a good player, high upside however calling him Caron Butler is a pretty big reach. Caron was a top 20 recruit and a polished offense player from day 1. In his final year Caron almost carried the team to final 4 scoring 30+ points per game in NCAA tournament and only got stopped by a very good and eventual championship Maryland team.
… and Castle played about as well as a freshman can play. Broke the record for most Big East players of the week. Was a stellar 2 way player. It may be a long time before we see a player with that talent level again.

Reaction Score
What I like about Stewart is he seems like a smart player, who understands the offense and defense schemes and know where he is supposed to be at all times. He seems like a team player. We will desperately need help,with defensive rebounds next year and I think he can help with that. Also runs the floor well and can finish break while contested. I think Tyreese Martin is a better comparison, or his uncle Donny Marshall.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree. Butler seemed to have a pro's body from the start. He could just punish defenders.
But Caron was a couple of years older than Stewart when he started at UConn.

Reaction Score
Stewart. If he trains hard can be 6-8 235/240
It’s up to him how good he can be

Reaction Score
I agree. Butler seemed to have a pro's body from the start. He could just punish defenders. I see Stewart more like a Denham Brown only with more confidence, at least at end of year. I thought Brown really had the potential to be great at UConn. It seemed like his shooting got worse every year.
You know Denham Brown scored over 100 points in a HS game ?!!

Reaction Score
Agree on CB having a pro body from the start but that may have been due to him being two years older. Same height but 20 pounds heavier for CB too.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I knew who posted this when I read the title. Our very own Mister Optimism. But I do like Stewart's potential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom