Jaylin Stewart Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I don’t want Solo going anywhere. Hurley alluded to young guys and the portal being a threat in press conference. I hope the kid understands how vital he is to the team next year.
This is my fear as well. Jaylin and Solo are going to be big time projects making sure theyre staying with the good guys.

Poe

Reaction Score
What he didn’t do was come in and jack up a 3, he played within the flow of the offense and made an impact on both ends of the court. That’s what he needs to do the rest of the way. Next year he can start shooting more, I’m excited to watch his growth next year, kid is definitely a player.

Reaction Score
The faster pace suited his style - which is a trait he shares with a bunch of players who will get more time next year.
He looked very good in the open floor in transition. Over the course of this season, UCONN has played a game unique to many these days - TEAM. As Pitino said about them - They consistently pass up good shots for great shots. I think that this kid is exactly the type of person who will flourish here playing for certainly one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

Reaction Score
I attended the Blue/White scrimmage at Gampel before the season with my sons. Watching Stewart play, who I never even heard of, said that is a future NBA player.
Next year when he is unleashed , he will be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
It was a fine shot. The problem was that he was worried about whether it went in and didn't rotate back defensively, allowing St. John's a fast break.
Well, that's just following your shot.

He tried, he tripped. Believe Newton & Spencer were up top.

Reaction Score
What he didn’t do was come in and jack up a 3, he played within the flow of the offense and made an impact on both ends of the court. That’s what he needs to do the rest of the way. Next year he can start shooting more, I’m excited to watch his growth next year, kid is definitely a player.
Not this time. Those were some great minutes from Stewie.

Reaction Score
I don’t want Solo going anywhere. Hurley alluded to young guys and the portal being a threat in press conference. I hope the kid understands how vital he is to the team next year.
Hurley can point to one example, close to home, where the grass is not always greener on the other side. Nahiem Alleyne.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah there were some rumors in the chat (that didn’t talk about anyone specifically) and I hope Solo isn’t a part of them.

He has the chance to be so good once it’s his show.

Reaction Score
Looks to me like the game has slowed down for JS. Playing with maturity and composure. Clearly he's playing better D and realizes if he gets to his spots the guards will get him the ball.

Will be an asset for March Madness. Another reliable rotation piece for DH.Great to see.

Reaction Score
Yeah there were some rumors in the chat (that didn’t talk about anyone specifically) and I hope Solo isn’t a part of them.

He has the chance to be so good once it’s his show.
There are a lot of min avail next year for solo …3 starting guards r leaving, and maybe Has too

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There are a lot of min avail next year for solo …3 starting guards r leaving, and maybe Has too
Agreed. Stewart shined in transition yesterday getting easy layups around the rim. I can imagine that he’s eager for the chance to do more next year as well.

Karaban says he’s a dog in practice so I imagine he’s just waiting for his role to expand to really show what he can do. For this year he’s mostly a spot up shooter which probably won’t highlight the best parts of his game.

Currently, per usual, Hurley has him locked in on playing great defense and getting his when he can.

Reaction Score
When you only get a few minutes to show your stuff you tend to press. Stewie is getting more comfortable, playing within the flow, and taking what is available. What I liked seeing from him was, one time he was out of position on defense but recognized it quickly and moved. When his three starts falling he will be difficult to guard.

The other guys need to be patient and wait their turn. We are going for a natty here.
Every time I read "Stewie" on here I think of Breanna Stewart. Can we just call him "J-Stew" like Hurley and the other players do? Sounds like a cooler nickname than Stewie.

Reaction Score
Every time I read "Stewie" on here I think of Breanna Stewart. Can we just call him "J-Stew" like Hurley and the other players do? Sounds like a cooler nickname than Stewie.
I'm not in love with the Stewie nickname either but the team also calls him Stewie.

Reaction Score
I'm not in love with the Stewie nickname either but the team also calls him Stewie.
I've heard Hurley and the players call him J-Stew. Maybe Stewie was from earlier in the year? I was trying to look for some recent Hurley quotes on what he calls him. If anyone has some I'd like to see them.

He also calls himself Jstew.

Reaction Score
What is the likelihood of Karaban coming back? Over 50%?
So last night I asked that exact question to someone who knows Karaban and his family well. Said he definitely won't have enough credits to graduate in May. His parents were both "tight lipped" about it when this person brought up the subject. I'd imagine at worst he's going to test the NBA draft process and see where he stands. If they think he's a 2nd rounder then I don't see him leaving.

Reaction Score
The problem with a portal which is just , a fancy word for door is it can be an exit as well as an entrance .

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So last night I asked that exact question to someone who knows Karaban and his family well. Said he definitely won't have enough credits to graduate in May. His parents were both "tight lipped" about it when this person brought up the subject. I'd imagine at worst he's going to test the NBA draft process and see where he stands. If they think he's a 2nd rounder then I don't see him leaving.
It would be very smart to at least test the process. Even if he doesn’t end up declaring, he can get a lot of good insight into what he needs to work on to prepare and put himself in better position.

Reaction Score
Agreed, had the same reaction to Stewie. His nickname is J-Stew!

Reaction Score
JS played a great game. Let it come to him and he took advantage. He got to the rim before his defense and this unselfish team got him the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom