Jaylin Stewart Appreciation Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jaylin Stewart Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, click the Forbes article that the tweet is quoting
Awesome news for next year's roster. Made my day. In the meantime-We've still got some work to do over the next 6 games and he'll be doing his thing to help this year's team legacy.

Reaction Score
Being fresher I’m sure helped, but Jaylin is also just more athletic than Karaban. Karaban struggles contesting against some bigger guys deep in the post and he either has to cheat and jump on first move, which leads to a lot of guys drawing fouls on him, or has to play more conservative and just go straight up without really contesting that well. Jaylin seems to have a stronger base but is also able jump quicker and wait until the guys leaves his feet to contest along with getting up higher on the contest.
Thank you!! Stronger base combined with other factors. But that must be it! I don't think atheticism alone would have been it though coule be an Iguodala/Cooper type thouhg he is much different. Thank you! Shaka must have recognized this too because they just "stopped."

Reaction Score
This may be wishful thinking, but I still think we have a shoot of a backcourt next year that includes Castle. Give the kid a lucrative NIL deal, and let him develop an extra year. Again, this may be my fan hood talking.

Reaction Score
Clingan could make 5 million in NIL be a college kid have fun and work on his conditioning. Imagine he comes back becomes a three point threat starts pulling up on fast breaks and spots up. That play where he caught the low bounce pass below his knees while he was moving and still had his head up to see Castle cutting, is just amazing for a kid his size. My only worry with Donovan when he goes is just being able to deal with not playing much. He has at least one more year to finish growing, improving skill sets and just becoming an adult. He is a fun loving guy and who could blame him for wanting to enjoy college while making bank and pretty much dominating.
He’s in fine condition. That is a myth. Do you not see him beating opponents down the court for dunks, closing out on threes, moving on pick and rolls?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Thanks for letting me know this was long and not worth the read. I still have it an attempt until you brought up Hawkins as your justification.

You're wrong. If you're a first rounder you guy is the standard normal logic. Every player who left and went first round was right in their assessment of the situation.

Superjohns point was can we enjoy the ride before being forced to suffer through these endless post about why said player should return.

And then for you to even mention Hawkins, who went in the lottery, is making MULTI millions (not just millions), and has shown he's ready for the NBA by going off for over 30pts in a game, he was definitely right to leave.

All of that said, the NBA is a business and you run into different coaches. You don't have control over who you play for unless you're a free agent. Hawkins will navigate the business just fine.

He’s in fine condition. That is a myth. Do you not see him beating opponents down the court for dunks, closing out on threes, moving on pick and rolls?
Agree he is in way better condition than he was to start the season. He will be in better condition once he gets drafted and finishes growing. That’s the thing with Donovan he may still be growing. If he is then he will not reach peak conditioning until that time.

Reaction Score
First off I understand this is long don’t read it and dismiss it I get it. But this topic is way more complicated than just a one line condescending post:
What I don’t get is how we just put everyone in the same bucket. Life is short and being a 20 yr old college kid making millions while improving at his craft has to be something a young man could consider. This is not like get hurt and they can’t fix it with modern medicine. You can call it whatever you want but the reason our government is broken is because boomers don’t believe in change. Hawkins should be playing this year yet he is buried at the end of the bench stacking up DNP coaches decision. That has to be great for his confidence and continued development (sarcasm). I am certain he goes home happy every night after a game and hangs out in his mansion not thinking about not playing again. If DC is lottery and will for sure play in the nba not g league next year then of course he should go. I tried to figure out the finances but other than a lottery pick it appears most first round picks are pretty much guaranteed $10M. Does Sanogo come back if he could make NIL money? Because I am fairly certain he would be doing just about the same financially as he is right now. He is dominating the g league. You are an expert do you think he ever cracks an nba rotation? This question is also for those who like to be condescending because they are just smarter than everyone else on the board. It’s kind of sad. Once you get into the millions just to play college basketball you are set for life unless you don’t have the right support system. Going pro at a young age grinding out practices day in and day out and never playing can’t be good for a 19 yr old. Josh Boone played more as rookie than Hawkins has. Think about that. A young man goes from a family environment to a world where the guy next to you could care less about you and is not going to pass you the ball. Or you run into a coach like Doc who ain’t playing a rookie unless their name is LeBron James. At 20 years old a young adult is developing the maturity it will take to progress through life not only basketball. Some people are ready for that at 19-20. Like Castle or AK if he was a for sure first round draft pick. I guess all I am saying is that it is just dismissed as naive or stupid or ill informed if someone even brings it up. With NIL and how much money a kid can make while still enjoying being a college kid I don’t get why there is not at least some type of dialogue on the matter. My opinion on DC is he is a great kid becoming a man. For some that level of maturity comes later. I can assure you if I have an opinion about Donovan it is not based on what’s best for me as a fan but more so just making sure he never loses than inner kid since it makes him special IMO. You can keep ridiculing those who bring up the idea, I kind of get why you do, because all the experts agree with you, but that does not mean it’s right for every player. I may not have your insider knowledge but trust me I am an expert at human behavior and have made a good living figuring out how people think and understanding them as individuals before making any type of recommendation of what they should do. It just ain’t as simple as you make it out to be and IMO it is why so many of these young men fail at the next level. Here is one name that I will close on….Tim Duncan.
But, but, but, isn't it always about the money?
I understand your point but most people today will likely take the money while it's there because you don't know what injury you might experience or whatever other factor could change things for the player in another year or two. Edey is an example of someone who's improved by staying but who knows where he'll be drafted this year compared to where he was projected as an underclassman (if that was even known).
In defense of those you challenge, besides the financial benefit, they also point out the training and coaching in the NBA will benefit them more than staying another year in college where there is not the level of staffing the pros can provide to help the players develop.
In other words it's a crap shoot and we'll never know for sure who was right regarding any individual player but, in general, most will surely take the financial security over the loss of youthful enjoyment gained in another year or two of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom