Jayden Ross on ESPNU right now | The Boneyard

Jayden Ross on ESPNU right now

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Jayden Ross on ESPNU right now. At the half he is leading all scorers with 14. Playing AZ Compass with burger boy Mookie Cook. I must say I am disappointed in the BY! With all the money I pay to be on this site and no warning about a UConn commit!

Reaction Score
I can see him getting playing time right away, looks like a high IQ player.

Reaction Score
Jayden Ross on ESPNU right now. At the half he is leading all scorers with 14. Playing AZ Compass with burger boy Mookie Cook. I must say I am disappointed in the BY! With all the money I pay to be on this site and no warning about a UConn commit!
Have been impressed with some of his highlights. Lowest rated of the 5 but looks like he`ll be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Player of the game with 25/5 on 8/11 it seemed.

They lost last second, he seemed devastated. Oddly enough, it’s nice to see a player care that much about a HS game.

9/11, actually. Hyper-effecient game.

He's still skinny and needs work on defense, but he's decently athletic and is a flamethrower from deep. Shooting is the most important skill in the game by far... we can work with that.

Reaction Score
He was not this player 8 months ago when I first watched him. Was not capable of this kind of performance. Luke had a GREAT read on him. Looks like a legit bench piece if the shooting translates.
I got laughed at a bit a few months ago on here when I said he could very well have the highest ceiling of our next year's class. Time will tell, of course, but he's progressing nicely!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
9/11, actually. Hyper-effecient game.

He's still skinny and needs work on defense, but he's decently athletic and is a flamethrower from deep. Shooting is the most important skill in the game by far... we can work with that.
He was the best defender on that team.

Reaction Score
He was the best defender on that team.

He's fine. Hips aren't particularly quick, and he doesn't defend a live dribble very well technically. Gave up the game-winning drive. He was generally in good position off ball and played physical at the rim.

I have no concerns with Hurley's ability to get the most out of players on defense, however. Much more concerned with Castle's ability to defend at this point.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He's fine. Hips aren't particularly quick, and he doesn't defend a live dribble very well technically. Gave up the game-winning drive. He was generally in good position off ball and played physical at the rim.

I have no concerns with Hurley's ability to get the most out of players on defense, however. Much more concerned with Castle's ability to defend at this point.
He didn't give up the game winning drive.

Reaction Score
He didn't give up the game winning drive.

Why do you think he was crying on the floor? He got caught on a switch and beat to the rim. Player missed the layup after he left Jayden in the dust, but AZ Compass got the offensive board and putback because the LuHi big had to leave his man to cover Jayden's player.

I just watched the play half a dozen times.

Jayden also gave up the previous bucket (a corner 3), but that just looked like a really good shot to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
is he the best shooter of the freshman coming in?…he looks athletic to me..and tall… if he can shoot the 3 ball… i have to believe he will see some playing time

Reaction Score
is he the best shooter of the freshman coming in?…he looks athletic to me..and tall… if he can shoot the 3 ball… i have to believe he will see some playing time

Yes, he's the best shooter of our freshman by a healthy margin. Solo, Stewart and Castle are all pretty big question marks. They've historically shot in the 30-33% range.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Why do you think he was crying on the floor? He got caught on a switch and beat to the rim. Player missed the layup after he left Jayden in the dust, but AZ Compass got the offensive board and putback because the LuHi big had to leave his man to cover Jayden's player.

I just watched the play half a dozen times.

Jayden also gave up the previous bucket (a corner 3), but that just looked like a really good shot to me.
Yep watched the replay again! I do think he will be able to defend at a Hurley level!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Still think Ross gets the second most freshmen minutes. You can’t teach shooting and athleticism, and the defense will improve after working with the staff. Ball and Stewart will have to work harder to find their roles on the team, Ross is obvious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom