2022 Recruiting: - Jayden Epps | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Jayden Epps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whats the story here? This kid de-committed from Providence I assume?

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
He wants to be courted.... Illinois and I think Kansas just offered too. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
From 247's Jerry Meyer:

A physically well built combo guard at 6-2 195. Has a quick burst with strength giving him explosiveness in tight spaces. A polished three-level scorer with an old school efficient pull up game in the midrange. Long range shot must be respected. Strong driver especially going right. Loves to finish at rim with a one hand scoop lay up. Capable distributer as well. Strong and composed with the basketball. Rebounds his position well. Has quality lateral quickness and the ability to defend the one through the three.

A thick, physical two-guard with a diverse offensive and defensive game? Yes please.

Reaction Score

Love us getting offers out to all these shooters lately. #1 most important thing for our recruiting at the moment IMO.

Epps looks good. Deep shots off the catch and the dribble, though obviously no idea on the %s. Just making multiple a game is a good sign.

Handle is just okay, passing doesn't look excellent but not bad either. Probably a meh athlete by our standards. Definitely isn't going to be good at the rim for us--doesn't look very good in HS. I can see why he's ranked around 100.

The weird thing: Out of all these shots there's only like 3 made 3s from the right side of the floor. Might've just been the video producers choice? no idea

Reaction Score
interesting. looking like the best bet for scholly #13, at least at the moment

Reaction Score
Visiting UConn on an official on 6/21 (same day Karaban is visiting on an unofficial). If someone wants to update the June Visits thread that is locked. This is the 2nd visit I posted today so things change daily if someone wants to take control of updating those visits.

Connecticut: “UConn just came into the picture and they told me that they like my game and stuff like that. They really want to make me a part of their 2022 recruiting class so I need to get on their campus and feel them out.”

Reaction Score
Seems like we may be slightly late to the party here but if we're getting an OV, we must be making up ground quickly. Intrigued by this guy.

Reaction Score
We need a good combo-guard for 2022 and he fits the bill along with Williams, Rice, Anglin, Westry. I thought that Anglin or Williams would be our best bet... we're so late to the game I'm surprised we got this OV. Happy to see it though. He's a talented kid. A little undersized and not good at the rim... but a lights out shooter from all reports.

Reaction Score
We need a good combo-guard for 2022 and he fits the bill along with Williams, Rice, Anglin, Westry. I thought that Anglin or Williams would be our best bet... we're so late to the game I'm surprised we got this OV. Happy to see it though. He's a talented kid. A little undersized and not good at the rim... but a lights out shooter from all reports.
How does he fit with Corey Floyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul