Jay Wright Tests Positive | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jay Wright Tests Positive

Reaction Score
If you put all these teams in a bubble to play games, where does the college come in? Or are we not pretending anymore, like college football.

Online classes. No different in a hotel room at Mohegan vs a dorm room.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't need doom and gloom, every time there a positive case, crying about it won't help. Its reality its is what it is.
You are right, I just feel as if we’ve been incredibly snakebit on this stuff. I think all of us were really excited to watch the steam play and it just seems like death by 1000 cuts every time another game gets canceled.

C

Chief00

One of my kids friends had to quarantine. Awaiting test results, if positive quarantine for 10 days and go off if no symptoms. If negative quarantine for 14 days. I guess if you are positive they assume you got at least 4 days earlier?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Jay Wright is ok. Following Chiefs lead, no way.
Jim accepted his apology. Do you think Pitino or Calipari would have apologized? You have to be open to seeing the good in people.

Reaction Score
I see the good in JW for sure and agree on Pitino and Calipari. I see the good in most who's heart is in the right place and that includes you chief. Your a true husky and boneyarder which I respect.

C

Chief00

I see the good in JW for sure and agree on Pitino and Calipari. I see the good in most who's heart is in the right place and that includes you chief. Your a true husky and boneyarder which I respect.
@donyell34 - Thank You! When you been through the wars, it’s easy to become a little jaded. But, the bigger man accepts a sincere apology as Calhoun did with Wright about his staff’s recruiting tactics.

Reaction Score
What did Wright say about Calhoun? I am not familiar with the story. Someone referred to it as "negative recruiting on Calhoun's health issues." If that means that he told recruits something along the lines of, "You don't want to go there because you don't know how long Calhoun will be able to keep coaching," I don't find that to be egregious. In fact, if the health concerns are legitimate, I have no problem with it at all. On the other hand, if Calhoun got a cold and Wright was telling recruits he has one foot in the grave, that's pretty greasy but still not anywhere near the worst thing I've heard about coaches doing.

Reaction Score
Jim accepted his apology. Do you think Pitino or Calipari would have apologized? You have to be open to seeing the good in people.
I have never seen an apology from Squid when he told a recruit that Lou Carnesecca was dying of cancer.

C

Chief00

What did Wright say about Calhoun? I am not familiar with the story. Someone referred to it as "negative recruiting on Calhoun's health issues." If that means that he told recruits something along the lines of, "You don't want to go there because you don't know how long Calhoun will be able to keep coaching," I don't find that to be egregious. In fact, if the health concerns are legitimate, I have no problem with it at all. On the other hand, if Calhoun got a cold and Wright was telling recruits he has one foot in the grave, that's pretty greasy but still not anywhere near the worst thing I've heard about coaches doing.
Cancer and it was bad form. It would be like someone on Danny’s staff telling a recruit, Jay is going to die of Covid, so don’t go there. The coaching profession has some unspoken rules that ethical coaches follow and the Nova assistant went over the line and Jay manned up and apologized. When a coach has to deal with a serious health issue, he shouldn’t also have to be worried about this type of negative tactic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
They tried Bubbleville. It didn’t work.
That wasn't a "bubble" Team were coming and going.. For it to have been a true bubble like the NBA all teams, refs etc would have had to come to Mohegan Sun after all involved had been tested and then stay there for the duration.

Reaction Score
Because it’s the same thinking as all of the folks who had family over for the holidays. “Well if we are a little quasi safe and do some separation on a few days here and there it won’t happen here”
Or people just want to spend the holidays with their families

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom