Jay Williams' top 12 Point Guards | The Boneyard

Jay Williams' top 12 Point Guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shabazz MIA. Don't know how you don't have a point guard with leadership and passing ability like Bazz, and a ring to boot on there, but you include unproven freshman who haven't played a minute.

This whole list is kind of a joke. Wouldn't expect anymore from a dookie tho.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...oint-guards-upcoming-season-college-basketbal

1) Kendall Marshall
2) Jordan Taylor
3) Tu Holloway
4) Myck Kabongo
5) Marquis Teague
6) Ashton Gibbs
7) Josiah Turner
8) Aaron Craft
9) Maalik Wayns
10) Scoop Jardine
11) Tayshawn Taylor
12) Tony Wotten Jr.

Reaction Score
Another note: It seems as if Peyton Siva continually gets overlooked for all these lists as well

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Another note: It seems as if Peyton Siva continually gets overlooked for all these lists as well

He should be eating this up ... using it as fuel. You know when opposing fans are getting their 's twisted about a rival player getting left off some lists ... people are missing something.

Reaction Score
I agree with every post in this thread so far.

Reaction Score
Will be at practice on Nov 5 to scout out the new edition of team.:cool:

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Marshall is a tad overrated
He and Craft, while very good, have both become outrageously overrated. It's amazing that a PG who put up nearly as impressive numbers and played 24 mpg...as a freshman...for a NC team isn't getting anywhere near as much recognition.

Oh, and the next person to list Gibbs as a point and/or rate Scoop higher than Siva should be checked into an institution.

Reaction Score
I thought Gibbs is a 2 guard, because Wanamaker ran point last year and Trevon Woodall (I think that's his name) steps in now.

Reaction Score
Contradictions all over this list. If it's on pure-PG ability than Marshall over Taylor makes sense, but why the hell is Gibbs ahead of Craft?

and Kabongo at #4 is absolutely laughable.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Will be at practice on Nov 5 to scout out the new edition of team.:cool:

Boneyarders love detailed reports, so feel free to go all DogManian with your description of practice and the players.

By the way, welcome!

Reaction Score
Contradictions all over this list. If it's on pure-PG ability than Marshall over Taylor makes sense, but why the hell is Gibbs ahead of Craft?

and Kabongo at #4 is absolutely laughable.
Didn't he score 110 points in a game, or was that another Canadian?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
About Marshall, all I can say is that UNC with him as a backup and a starter was like night and day. He made that team go.

Craft is also very good. I won't say it's cuz he's white but I won't say that it's not cuz he's white.

Reaction Score
UConn fans tend to overrate Siva a little bit, IMO. He played really well against UConn last year, but he was not nearly as good in the majority of the other games he played.

Reaction Score
UConn fans tend to overrate Siva a little bit, IMO. He played really well against UConn last year, but he was not nearly as good in the majority of the other games he played.
I definitely agree with this - his numbers really weren't special outside of his first two games against UConn. But I also think he's a candidate to breakout for a couple reasons: (1) There isn't as much clutter in the backcourt now that Knowles is gone. That's not a knock on Knowles - he was a money player, especially in the clutch - but this is now clearly Siva's team, and I think he's going to flourish because of that. (2) I think he'll make a big sophomore-junior jump in terms of his consistency. He's got ridiculous talent, and junior year is where a lot of talented point guards tend to put it all together (ala Kemba, although I'm definitely not predicting that big of an improvement).

In any event, I find it hard to believe he won't be better than Scoop like most of these lists are predicting.

re: Nomar - I agree about Marshall, and it's why I think he's an excellent point guard. But the best in the country? Uh, no.

Craft is going to be a really good player (he already might be), but I'm not sure where the insane amounts of love he's getting is coming from. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think Shabazz is the better player.

Reaction Score
Any list that does not have Siva in the top 5 is wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom