Jay Bilas on How UConn Can Win it All.... | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas on How UConn Can Win it All....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted anywhere so thought I'd give it a thread.

Jay is dead on about how we are a complete (and improved) team in 2024.

And he didn't even mention Karaban, who on more than one instance this year was our best player.

Any of five guys on our team on any given night can be the best player on the floor with any of at least three others being in the discussion.

Our opponent will always be in a "pick your poison" situation l.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And he didn't even mention Karaban, who on more than one instance this year was our best player.

Any of five guys on our team on any given night can be the best player on the floor with any of at least three others being in the discussion.

Our opponent will always be in a "pick your poison" situation l.
Three Stooges Movie GIF

Reaction Score
Uconns "A" game is head and shoulders better then any other teams, so unless they come out flat and disinterested they should win #6.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
LOL. For what it’s worth, had you ever finished your damn European vacation story you would have gotten more sympathy before your sentencing.
I didn’t get sentenced to anything

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas is once again showing respect to UConn. Bobby Hurley is now a friends of our program. I listen to JJ Redick podcasts from time to time.

I'm not comfortable with having positive reactions to any, never mind that many, Dookies.

I'm just glad Syracuse is still completely despicable.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s not at 1991 UNLV levels at least. That was crazy.
That 1991 UNLV squad was not only undefeated, the clear second best team that year was destroyed in the pror year's championship game. Nobody (other than possibly Duke), including UNLV considered the possibility of Duke closing the gap in ine year.

Reaction Score
We've had a lot of slow starts. I don't like falling behind early but what usually crushes other teams seems to focus our team, that's good coaching and experienced resolve. Yeah, a good defensive player may be able to shut down one or two of our guys but we play a kind of team ball you rarely see anymore and it's incredibly hard to duplicate in practice. Depending on who we're playing we can present some very different looks.

Do I wish we were in an easier bracket? Yes. Is Coach Hurley going to use it as a motivation for the team? You better believe it!

Reaction Score
We have all the answers if we are playing well. Certain teams may have the ability to muck up the game and make it more of an SJU/SHU type of game. Those games make us vulnerable. Iowa St in particular, could do this.

One thing not mentioned this year, and I hope it plays out again, is the friendly tourney officiating. The Big East is harder on us. We may say that our well coached team plays even prettier basketball outside the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom