Jay Bilas lists top 10 college basketball teams during his time as a broadcaster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas lists top 10 college basketball teams during his time as a broadcaster

Reaction Score
Man dunno how I forgot about that home job game at Ford field...ya that one too!
True road game in the Final Four was spectacularly unlucky, though I don't think we get past UNC either way.

With Dyson, we're probably a slight underdog to UNC, but it would have been a hell of a game.

Reaction Score
The best a UConn team has ever played was 2009 before Dyson went down. I beat this drum all the time, but they were making it look too easy. So pretty.
Chief knows that’s a popular narrative, but without dredging up a lot of details it’s very unlikely that Sticks would have played as well as he did in the tournament run, if Jerome was still playing. Sticks surge corresponded to Jerome’s absence. Stanley was a caring and sensitive guy, who was always one of Mrs. Calhoun’s all time favorites and suffice to say Jerome for whatever reason wasn’t compatiable with him on or off the court.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chief knows that’s a popular narrative, but without dredging up a lot of details it’s very unlikely that Sticks would have played as well as he did in the tournament run, if Jerome was still playing. Sticks surge corresponded to Jerome’s absence. Stanley was a caring and sensitive guy, who was always one of Mrs. Calhoun’s all time favorites and suffice to say Jerome for whatever reason wasn’t compatiable with him on or off the court.
That team played better when both guys were in the game.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No, Stanley played much better after James unfortunately got injured.

He said the team played better, not Stanley or “James” Dyson.

Reaction Score
He said the team played better, not Stanley or “James” Dyson.
He said the team played better when both guys were in the game. But, Stanley played better after Jerome’s injury when Jerome was obviously not in the game and the team did make its F4 run then.

Reaction Score
Uh, am I missing something? We got them in Detroit because it was the Final Four!
If we were the #1 overall seed, they would have been in our region (since they were in the region of the #1 overall seed as it was), and we would have been in Boston (since #1 overall seed would have gotten preference of location).

Reaction Score
This doesn't make any sense. You are effectively saying that, for some reason, UConn would have a major advantage the first time the teams see each other, and then UNLV would have a slight advantage over the next 9 games. Why would that be the case?
Not what i meant at all.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
True road game in the Final Four was spectacularly unlucky, though I don't think we get past UNC either way.

With Dyson, we're probably a slight underdog to UNC, but it would have been a hell of a game.
I've imagined it as something that would have been similar to 1999 against Duke. I wouldn't have been "shocked" by a victory, but others might widely have termed it that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom