Jay Bilas' College Hoops Opus (Insider article) | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas' College Hoops Opus (Insider article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...on-college-basketball-opus-college-basketball

I like Jay Bilas quite a bit (maybe more in the past than nowadays), but man that dude tries way too hard sometimes. This article is no exception.

UConn mentions (for non-Insiders):

-UConn is the last team on his list of Final Four contenders, talking about Boatright's scoring and defending, Hamilton is an NBA talent, Purvis is a talented scorer, and Brimah as a capable post man.

-Brimah is his 9th best big man.

-Brimah is his 16th best defender.

-Hamilton is one of his top newcomers.

-Purvis is his 5th best transfer.

-Links Boatright to chapter 6 of his book, which talks about the next play and how Boat needs to move on from last year's championship and lead the team this year.

That's about it UConn wise. Decent read if you have Insider, but nothing earth shattering.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...on-college-basketball-opus-college-basketball

I like Jay Bilas quite a bit (maybe more in the past than nowadays), but man that dude tries way too hard sometimes. This article is no exception.

UConn mentions (for non-Insiders):

-UConn is the last team on his list of Final Four contenders, talking about Boatright's scoring and defending, Hamilton is an NBA talent, Purvis is a talented scorer, and Brimah as a capable post man.

-Brimah is his 9th best big man.

-Brimah is his 16th best defender.

-Hamilton is one of his top newcomers.

-Purvis is his 5th best transfer.

-Links Boatright to chapter 6 of his book, which talks about the next play and how Boat needs to move on from last year's championship and lead the team this year.

That's about it UConn wise. Decent read if you have Insider, but nothing earth shattering.
Best part... Bill Raftery's choice of soup. You need to see that.

Reaction Score
I like this one:

Bj2mJ77IYAAW5Hd.jpg:large

Bill Raftery and Verne Lundquist at a timeout during UConn-Iowa State at MSG.

Come on, tell me that didn't make you laugh!

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I like this one:

Bj2mJ77IYAAW5Hd.jpg:large

Bill Raftery and Verne Lundquist at a timeout during UConn-Iowa State at MSG.

Come on, tell me that didn't make you laugh!
I actually remember seeing that in my Twitter feed during halftime and laughing quite a bit. It also helped that UConn was up 10 at the time.

Halftime was also when I decided to pull the trigger on Elite 8 tickets. Best. Decision. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom