Javonte Brown-Ferguson is now 7'1? | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson is now 7'1?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Great salesmanship by staff to sell him on the idea of playing close to home. Toronto to Storrs isn’t exactly right down the road, it’s like an 8 hour drive, it would be like driving to Virginia lol.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seems like Javonte Brown Ferguson and his team know what he can do now and what he needs to do to get better. I know I sound like a broken record but this is how you build a program. It will be rare if we ever bring in a fully formed big. We need guys like this to grow from inside the program.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hurley and Hunter gained Brown-Ferguson’s trust during the recruiting process, as they were consistent in their quest to land the big man. They’d travel to Canada often, and even after Hurley underwent surgery in September, Hunter was there. When Hunter took a leave of absence for a medical issue in November, Hurley continued the push, which meant a lot to Brown-Ferguson and his mom.

This kind of dedication from the staff for recruits and pledges is refreshing to hear after the Ollie era.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This kind of dedication from the staff for recruits and pledges is refreshing to hear after the Ollie era.
coming from someone who I am sure spent countless hours of discussion with all of KO's recruits and has the full story
DH has done a fine job - so far
But I am doubting you have any closeness to KO, his staff and the kids he recruited

Reaction Score
Not gonna quote the article because I agree people should buy it and give them clicks on UConn articles so we keep another beat reporter around.

But I did love the specific mention of Hurley's defensive scheme and how that will play to Javonte's strengths and showcase his abilities. Shows that he's not just selling culture or upswing or playing time or Big East or whatever, he's giving specific logical and persuasive arguments. And he's doing it strongly enough that it sticks so that not only the recruits, but even the parents and coaches can repeat it back to reporters.

Obviously we've seen already how effective that is, and I'm excited about what will happen once we win a league title or a few tournament games.

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson is 7’1”, 240, Springs now 6’10”, 230, Carlton 6’11”, 250ish?, and Sanogo 6’9”, 250- when was the last time we had that much size and “beef” with our big men?
Never.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom