Jaspers added to UConn's 2023/2024 schedule (Home) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaspers added to UConn's 2023/2024 schedule (Home)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sigh. That was a joke. 1922? Too early I guess.
Yes, I got it. Too early. Honestly, date wise I was wondering about the economic situation, but it seems they just ran out of space.

Reaction Score
I am a UConn and Jasper alum but more of a UConn fan these days.

I can remember going to double header BB games at the old Garden
Manhattan - Fordham and NYU and St John's.

Manhattan Lore: The second well-known seventh-inning stretch tale involves Brother Jasper, the first baseball coach at Manhattan College, and a game on a hot day in 1882. Jasper, who also was the Catholic school's Prefect of Discipline, noticed spectators were rambunctious. So, he called a timeout during the seventh inning and instructed fans to stretch their legs. Jasper's seventh-inning respite eventually was adopted by the New York Giants, who played exhibitions against Manhattan College.

Reaction Score
Season ticket holders must be salivating.
At some point we will reach the disrespect breaking point and just buy meaningful games on the secondary market. To take the NC as an opportunity to disrespect your most loyal fans, who write the checks, is disappointing. Given the NC there won’t be immediate consequences but some year they will hit, when the program needs the loyalty from the fans the most.

Reaction Score
Gallagher had it rolling at Hartford for a program that never got administrative support. His last year at Hartford, that team was better on paper than the NCAA team that gave Baylor fits (compared to the rest of Baylor's path to the national title that year)...but his team was decimated by injuries and came up short despite a late season run. It's a travesty what the administration did there. Coach Gal will turn Manhattan into a winner quickly, which isn't as hard to do these days as the pre-portal days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom