Jaspers added to UConn's 2023/2024 schedule (Home) | The Boneyard

Jaspers added to UConn's 2023/2024 schedule (Home)

Reaction Score
John Gallagher, former Hartford coach, is now the new Jaspers coach after two straight awkward offseasons for the program.

Good history, great gym, but Manhattan will be a bottom-tier MAAC squad this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

John Gallagher, former Hartford coach, is now the new Jaspers coach after two straight awkward offseasons for the program.

Good history, great gym, but Manhattan will be a bottom-tier MAAC squad this year.

At least it’s not an NEC team.

Reaction Score

Their 2023 final KenPom ranking was 306. I know we need to play cupcakes for the team to come together, but couldn't we schedule opponents closer to 200?

Reaction Score
Not if they effectively cost us a home game every other year.
Small price to pay to own the NYC market and for the recruiting boost it gives us. Games at the Garden also help prepare us for bigger games at the Garden. I'm okay with taking one for the team.

Reaction Score
Welcome back, JR! It’s going to be a little different experience on that side for you.

Reaction Score
I've actually had some convos with Gallagher recently. I think they will be better than some expect.

Reaction Score

Are the Manhattan Jaspers one of the teams you cover in your StretchngtheFloor blog?

Reaction Score
Are the Manhattan Jaspers one of the teams you cover in your StretchngtheFloor blog?
Yep, I cover MAAC basketball. I'm about a 40 minute drive from Manhattan's campus, without traffic and I work just 30 minutes away.
Only 4 guys currently listed on the Jaspers' official roster :eek:
2023-24 Men's Basketball Roster - Manhattan College Athletics
They actually have 10 scholarships filled. The four players on the roster are their four returning players (one is a walk-on). They've added four D1 transfers, one JC transfer and two HS graduates once Gallagher was hired. Probably their best transfer is former Hartford guard Briggs McClain, averaged 14.4p, 35.1 3P%, 83 FT%.

With all the transition, I don't know the current program super well, but I do know that Raziel Hayun was played professionally in Israel before committing to Manhattan. Averaged 15.6 mpg in his freshman season and I'd expect him to breakout this year.
I’d rather play Fairfield if we’re going to play a MAAC school.
That would be a ton of fun.

Whenever I think about MAAC basketball vs. UConn, I think about the game at XL where Monmouth forced UConn to OT back in 2017. I remember right near my seat, a dude got up and yelled what the ** is happening...we're playing duck** MONMOUTH!!!

Reaction Score
Yep, I cover MAAC basketball. I'm about a 40 minute drive from Manhattan's campus, without traffic and I work just 30 minutes away.

They actually have 10 scholarships filled. The four players on the roster are their four returning players (one is a walk-on). They've added four D1 transfers, one JC transfer and two HS graduates once Gallagher was hired. Probably their best transfer is former Hartford guard Briggs McClain, averaged 14.4p, 35.1 3P%, 83 FT%.

With all the transition, I don't know the current program super well, but I do know that Raziel Hayun was played professionally in Israel before committing to Manhattan. Averaged 15.6 mpg in his freshman season and I'd expect him to breakout this year.

That would be a ton of fun.

Whenever I think about MAAC basketball vs. UConn, I think about the game at XL where Monmouth forced UConn to OT back in 2017. I remember right near my seat, a dude got up and Ed yelled what the ** is happening...we're playing duck** MONMOUTH!!!d
Can’t wait for the scouting report. Loved them!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom