Jarnell Stokes to Announce Thursday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jarnell Stokes to Announce Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's boring right now and you have it exactly right, I mean no harm, all in good fun. I know most feel otherwise but I'm very glad UConn is staying in the BE for a while. Cuse and Pitt hurt for sure but the conference is UConn and has been for many years now. Just enjoy which should be another great year for you guys, while we nip at your heels a bit until we grow up some more.

Yonick is another story altogether... The thing I love about Yonick is that he made a statement a couple years ago that he had been banned from our Scout board so I went to the moderator and said hey, this guy seems cool and they let us have fun on their board so give him a chance, so Coren fixed it and within minutes he was over on our board taking offense to all things posted by PC fans about UConn. It was priceless actually.
There are two ways of going through life. Trying to change everything around you so you'll feel better. Or trying to change yourself so the rest of the world has minimum impact on you. I'm for the latter. I'll come to the defense of people, especially if there is piling on and an injustice is occurring. But it is far preferable to become less charged by things and to be less offensive in the way we approach one another.

Part of the value I get from the Boneyard is to see how I react to things that may be said which push my buttons. Even if I don't respond to them, I know inside whether they impacted me negatively. So I establish a litany that goes through the initial stimulus, why I reacted in a negative way, and why it isn't necessary. It really is helpful but painstakingly slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom