Jana El Alfy | The Boneyard

Jana El Alfy

Reaction Score
While I know that high school does not translate into college for a lot of players, I think Jana will be different. Last night I watched a few video's of her training in Australia last summer. Looks like they were training up her inside skills as she already has a good outside shot. Literally beating on her in the paint to get her adapted to using her size to make a difference. Her body makeup looked very strong and she has more body mass on her than anyone at UConn currently to bang in the paint. I think we will see good things out of her in her freshmas year that we have not seen in a big freshman in a while.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
While I know that high school does not translate into college for a lot of players, I think Jana will be different. Last night I watched a few video's of her training in Australia last summer. Looks like they were training up her inside skills as she already has a good outside shot. Literally beating on her in the paint to get her adapted to using her size to make a difference. Her body makeup looked very strong and she has more body mass on her than anyone at UConn currently to bang in the paint. I think we will see good things out of her in her freshmas year that we have not seen in a big freshman in a while.
With her being at UConn for the second part of the season she will have a jump on the rest of the Freshman class because she already knows the system. I think that she will own the paint with her size and quickness.

Reaction Score
From what I have seen, I really like her skill set, and her intensity.
Jana El Alfy.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think Ice Brady has her beat in body mass but Jana appears to have a far more advanced offensive skill set than most 6'4" recruits.......she's going to be a match-up nightmare for most opponents.......
El Alfy definitely has potential but her skill set is not more advanced than Brady's. And she has a lot of work to do learning post footwork and moves, using body leverage for positioning, and getting shots and playing through any kind of contact against opponents with size. I hope she's a quick learner.

Reaction Score
El Alfy definitely has potential but her skill set is not more advanced than Brady's. And she has a lot of work to do learning post footwork and moves, using body leverage for positioning, and getting shots and playing through any kind of contact against opponents with size. I hope she's a quick learner.
I really was comparing her to the normal 6'4" recruit........I think her ball handling skills might be better than Brady's but Ice is very advanced with her shooting arsenal.......I think the two of them offer UConn some weapons up front that they haven't had in a while.....

Reaction Score
Nice comparison discussion started. The question is do either one of these recruits want to play in the low post with all the shoving, grabbing, elbowing, etc ?????

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Previously published photos of Jana cheering the team from the sidelines makes me believe she has a competitive spirit and will play with great intensity. Body language is highly valued at UConn!
I will be interested to see ALL of the newbies this fall, but especially El Alfy and Arnold. :cool:

Reaction Score
Gotta love the way we assume our injured warriors will bounce back to a full season of stellar play. Hope they do, but how likely is it?

Reaction Score
Nice comparison discussion started. The question is do either one of these recruits want to play in the low post with all the shoving, grabbing, elbowing, etc ?????
The post is where you find out who your dawgs are. The perimeter is the safe zone. That block or the mid post, is where you find out who the warriors are going to be, on both ends of the floor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The post is where you find out who your dawgs are. The perimeter is the safe zone. That block or the mid post, is where you find out who the warriors are going to be, on both ends of the floor.
50 extra likes to you sir! The low block is where the "real dawgs" hang out. Whannabies and impersonators are not welcome. :mad:

Reaction Score
It will be about confidence with Jana along with Ayanna and ICE. The one who emerges is the one who can hit shots without disrupting the flow and can rebound. For Jana it may be a Mid season thing as she has some adapting to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom