James Harden | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Harden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea, those 261 unassisted points give me pause. It’s incredible this scoring streak he’s on, but they’re also only like 6-5 or something during his onslaught. Plus they’ve got their coach saying things to the effect that he’s had to assuage some bitterness from teammates as Harden gets his. Maybe bitterness is too strong a word, and I can’t find the quote at the moment, but it was somewhat telling.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Really strange player in that he’s not very athletic, a little overweight, doesn’t have the best shooting mechanics. I think he just has really good hand eye coordination. He also takes a crap load of shots like 21 a game this year, and goes to the line a lot where he’s an 87% free throw shooter for his career.

He's a different kind of athletic. Extremely strong. Very quick feet, quick first step.
He's physique makes him look like a dough boy (KEA whattup), but that just masks his strength.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They would be loaded with three all-time great 1 on 1 scorers.
For all the incredible talent and athleticism Westbrook has, I'm convinced he cannot coexist with superstars and sacrifice a piece of himself to win a championship.

What makes the Warriors great is you have a bunch of elite guys, who do different things, and are perfectly comfortable playing their role as part of the group.

You can hate on it (and I do on KD), but it's admirable in that regard. They clearly just want to win.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
. Plus they’ve got their coach saying things to the effect that he’s had to assuage some bitterness from teammates as Harden gets his. Maybe bitterness is too strong a word, and I can’t find the quote at the moment, but it was somewhat telling.

It's probably not too strong a word man. Think about being a teammate of that. I mean, if you're 11-0, you can stomach it, but the dude took 38 or their 90 shots last night. Almost 50% of the shots! And they squeak by the Knicks.

Reaction Score
Really strange player in that he’s not very athletic, a little overweight, doesn’t have the best shooting mechanics. I think he just has really good hand eye coordination. He also takes a crap load of shots like 21 a game this year, and goes to the line a lot where he’s an 87% free throw shooter for his career.

Look up PJF performance stuff on james harden. It's insane to think he's not athletic.

And his shooting form is solid. Quite high relative to how fast he gets it off. (@whaler11 I believe you do a shot now)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Look up PJF performance stuff on james harden. It's insane to think he's not athletic.

And his shooting form is solid. Quite high relative to how fast he gets it off. (@whaler11 I believe you do a shot now)

Really, in today's NBA, with the spacing, how quick you get it off is so much more important than the height of launch. Especially with how quick defenders are these days.

Reaction Score
Harden is obviously an elite offensive talent but it's an entire league and system that's geared perfectly for him. If D'Antoni got Nash back to back MVP's, why not Harden too?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Harden is obviously an elite offensive talent but it's an entire league and system that's geared perfectly for him. If D'Antoni got Nash back to back MVP's, why not Harden too?

It's not fun watching Harden shoot a billion free throws a game. But that's just imo.

I do miss a lot of the 90s NBA. I get why the league went the opposite way, and their popularity seems to have grown as a result, but still.

Reaction Score
Well at least one of Nash’s was undeserved. You could argue Harden should be going for 4 MVPs in 5 seasons right now.

Reaction Score

Wrong w___er11

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He can score yes but so can a lot of guys at that level if they shoot the ball 40 times a game
The guy plays absolutely zero defense - watch him - he wanders to the side of the court where there is no action and once in a while swipes at the opposing ballhandler if that person invades his space and when he slaps the arm he throws a tantrum at being called for a foul. He also loves to mock and mimic anyone who is guarding him.
Had to laugh when they played the 76ers the other night and TJ McConnel would not back down against him and then he tried to intimidate the wily vet Corey Brewer and what does Brewer do? get in Hardens ear every chance he could and that really got to Harden.
I used to respect the guy for his offensive skills and am still impressed with that aspect of his game
However, he is far from a complete player - but then again maybe that's just fine with the Rockets

Reaction Score
He can score yes but so can a lot of guys at that level if they shoot the ball 40 times a game
The guy plays absolutely zero defense - watch him - he wanders to the side of the court where there is no action and once in a while swipes at the opposing ballhandler if that person invades his space and when he slaps the arm he throws a tantrum at being called for a foul. He also loves to mock and mimic anyone who is guarding him.
Had to laugh when they played the 76ers the other night and TJ McConnel would not back down against him and then he tried to intimidate the wily vet Corey Brewer and what does Brewer do? get in Hardens ear every chance he could and that really got to Harden.
I used to respect the guy for his offensive skills and am still impressed with that aspect of his game
However, he is far from a complete player - but then again maybe that's just fine with the Rockets
The defense argument is old and somewhat lazy at this point. While it’s true he isn’t a great perimeter defender, it has been shown that he is actually an elite low post defender.

Reaction Score
Well at least one of Nash’s was undeserved. You could argue Harden should be going for 4 MVPs in 5 seasons right now.
And yet I've never really considered him a top 5 player. If you want to play that game of being able to argue an MVP you could have probably argued Jordan and Lebron should have won the MVP every single year.

Reaction Score
It's not fun watching Harden shoot a billion free throws a game. But that's just imo.

I do miss a lot of the 90s NBA. I get why the league went the opposite way, and their popularity seems to have grown as a result, but still.
80's were even better, I was really young but could still tell.

Reaction Score
Harden was 1/12 from three in the second half. I watched the whole game and don't think I've ever been less impressed with a 50+ point game outside of Kobe's final game. 25 FTA. 5/20 from deep. His current game is not entertaining to watch.

The epitome of today's NBA and how much it favors offensive players: Harden is being denied the ball, with both hands he blatantly shoves the defender in his chest to break free, begins his drive, travels, jumps sideways/perpendicular to the hoop and into a help defender's chest (who is in legal guarding position) and a foul is called on the defender. I paused the game for a second, rolled my eyes and had to take a deep breath. I can't believe the NBA has let this go on as long as it has.

Reaction Score
And yet I've never really considered him a top 5 player. If you want to play that game of being able to argue an MVP you could have probably argued Jordan and Lebron should have won the MVP every single year.
I don’t disagree at all with the LeBron/MJ sentiment, although i’m not old enough to have seen prime MJ. I think it’s fair to say that LeBron could/should be like an 8 time MVP, but as we know, people hate continuity. But I do have Harden firmly in my top 5, more specifically #3, and loudly knocking on the door of #2.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree at all with the LeBron/MJ sentiment, although i’m not old enough to have seen prime MJ. I think it’s fair to say that LeBron could/should be like an 8 time MVP, but as we know, people hate continuity. But I do have Harden firmly in my top 5, more specifically #3, and loudly knocking on the door of #2.
Think in no
particular order I've got Lebron, Curry, AD, Durant, Giannis and Kawhi ahead of him.

Reaction Score
I think that’s fair because I think 2-7 are really close.
Yep, he's right there with all of them and I can see people putting him ahead of basically everyone but Lebron. It's basically splitting hairs. There are more truly elite players and more parity with contenders dispersed throughout the league than in a long time. I think the Warriors still have to he fairly big favorites but there are a lot of really good teams and finally some of them are in the East.

Reaction Score
Harden is top 5 in pure skill and production. But he's like westbrook--a team with him isn't a championship contender bc of play style.

Have to put Lebron, Curry, Durant, Kawhi ahead of him bc of that IMO. Jury is still out on Giannis and Davis.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Curry take 38 shots including 20 3’s and 25 FT’s and see where he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom