James Breeding | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From 11.24.21, unfiltered and anonymous opinions from college coaches on college officials. Only one note on James Breeding: “Can be almost impossible to talk to. Difficult disposition.”

Lol

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to address his issues but tonight showed pretty clearly that Breeding's thin skinned appetite for power and control has clouded his judgement to the point he can't objectively officiate a game. He thinks he's bigger than the game and that makes him unfit to officiate it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Couldn’t watch live but did see my recording. The refs did not seem bad at all. And Hurley has the team playing really well, win or lose in a good, well balanced league despite his being a maniac. We should be used to that because Jim C was no slouch at pissing off refs. I also hate to think where we’d be without Cole. He is Taliek tough but with an offense. Hope he stays five more years.;)

Reaction Score
As a whole, the officials let the guys play. With regard to the technical fouls and the objection, that was awful officiating by Breeding.

You've just T'd Hurley up for banging the scorer's table. Fine. Explainable. After the T, you have moved away from Hurley to cool the situation. Good move. Then, when Hurley starts getting the crowd into it, you come from across the floor to T him up again. Inexcusable. You can't give Hurley his second T on that. You can't throw the guy out of the biggest regular season BE game of the year ON THAT. Know the situation. You've made your point with the first one.

In any event, a great night for the program and a coming out party for Kimani Young.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
From 11.24.21, unfiltered and anonymous opinions from college coaches on college officials. Only one note on James Breeding: “Can be almost impossible to talk to. Difficult disposition.”

Lol

He was talking to Jay Wright on multiple occasions last night. At least twice during timeouts

Gillipse does a lot of talking too

Reaction Score
I'm obviously a Providence fan, and I've mentioned before that their are times that Hurley's behavior on the court hurts the team and himself. Having said that, both technical calls were clearly wrong in my opinion. Breeding was so far away from Hurley that it has to be because of him slamming the table. That could be called all the time, but isn't. I think Hurley was just trying to release frustration with his crowd antics, and any competent referee would have ignored it.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t watch live but did see my recording. The refs did not seem bad at all. And Hurley has the team playing really well, win or lose in a good, well balanced league despite his being a maniac. We should be used to that because Jim C was no slouch at pissing off refs. I also hate to think where we’d be without Cole. He is Taliek tough but with an offense. Hope he stays five more years.;)
And to think there were tons of people here who thought he would never never ever be able to play at the level needed to compete in the big east. Props to RJ for proving all the naysayers wrong.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Didn’t see the first T but sure Hurley deserved it, and he really has to clean up his act. These aren’t “motivational” T’s like Calhoun (mostly) got — he’s not in sufficient control of his emotions.

The second T was as absurd a call as I’ve seen in college basketball, and I hope the ref is talked to by the Big East office. You can not T up a coach for trying to rev up a home crowd. The coach has every right to do that. I don’t care if you feel like you’re being shown up. A coach can talk to his home crowd just like he can talk to his players.

Reaction Score
Breeding currently getting lambasted by the ESPN radio morning show guys for his technical foul calls last night. Delicious!

Reaction Score
When referees acquire nicknames like "The James Breeding Show" and "TV Ted" (Valentine), they've usually done enough questionable things to earn them.

Reaction Score
He gave us the game late. That tie up and then the charge call. He is terrible at his job and holds a grudge.
No he did not give us the charge call. Gillespie cam down the court out of control, tripped at the last second and ran right into the UCONN player. It was right in front of me.
Yes that ref obviously had it out for Coach with that ridiculous toss of Hurley. Now I remember why I didnt really like the Big East. Incompetent refs. This guy isn’t the only one.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That was clearly a charge.
I think so, too But how many “clearly a charge” calls go the other way? Enough so that you can’t count on it. I don’t really follow this guy, but if he’s really as bad as Valentine, ok. Not to minimize whether or not he should’ve ignored Hurley, I didn’t see actual game action being officiated poorly or with bias. That tie up of Gillespie had some arm as well as ball. Could’ve easily been called a foul, which we needed to do at that point if we couldn’t steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom