James Bouknight showing off some athleticism | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight showing off some athleticism

Reaction Score
Vital should be better than freshman Napier..

Not so much where it counts for winning, that is ball handling. Guards turning ball over are killers. Got to make plays for teammates. Vital junior year was assist to turnovers at 79/77 while Napier 124/75. Vital cleans that up and lot more
I do not understand how this myth persists on the yard. He shot 45% from the field and 40% from deep. Those are very good percentages.

He had a problem with shot selection his first couple years. Hurley's system very much changed that.

EVERY one of our other guards shot worse last year. If anyone should be considered a gunner, it is Rique. He was a disaster from 3 for stretches. And everyone seems to treat him like a potential all-conference player (including myself).

Is it because Christian shoots a lot of 3s? Hate to break it to yall--it isn't 1990. 3s are a good thing, and he's very good at shooting them in bulk. Look up what efg% is.
Think some of it is the 79 assists to 77 turnovers, lot of turnovers came on ill advised "go to basket" moves which make the "Chief eye test" make it seem like poorer shooting than actually was.

One thing surprised me in looking at stats for last year (as I digress) is that Whaley only played 83 minutes last year in 23 games. That's almost like sitting out the year. Gilbert played 87 minutes as freshman and 167 as sophomore and we treat it like he missed 2 years. Whaley did play 414 minutes his freshman year and led the team in blocks. Guess I don't remember how freshman Whaley played or why his play/minutes went down so much (I know was hurt some) as sophomore with Cobb as his competition (once Yakwe went down).

Reaction Score
Not so much where it counts for winning, that is ball handling. Guards turning ball over are killers. Got to make plays for teammates. Vital junior year was assist to turnovers at 79/77 while Napier 124/75. Vital cleans that up and lot more

Think some of it is the 79 assists to 77 turnovers, lot of turnovers came on ill advised "go to basket" moves which make the "Chief eye test" make it seem like poorer shooting than actually was.

One thing surprised me in looking at stats for last year (as I digress) is that Whaley only played 83 minutes last year in 23 games. That's almost like sitting out the year. Gilbert played 87 minutes as freshman and 167 as sophomore and we treat it like he missed 2 years. Whaley did play 414 minutes his freshman year and led the team in blocks. Guess I don't remember how freshman Whaley played or why his play/minutes went down so much (I know was hurt some) as sophomore with Cobb as his competition (once Yakwe went down).

How does turning the ball over make it seem like a poor shot? The player didn't shoot. I'm missing something here.

The obvious answer is people are projecting some frustrations of bad seasons onto him. He was/is a role player forced to play like a starter. He's limited but has some pretty important skills for a team to win. He was never meant to be a lead guard or a high-level passer.

Reaction Score
I’ll wait until he plays against, you know, people before I anoint him. But at least he didn’t dunk over a chair and have you guys insisting he will be All everything.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
CV is an out of control gunner, needs to stop playing out of control school ground ball.
CV is an out of control double double machine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom