James Bouknight is going on The Wall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight is going on The Wall

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If the Wall is for 1st round/lottery picks then he has to go up there
Thats were it ends - absolutely never in the Huskies of Honor
So many more deserving players that he isn't even in the list of top 20 in consideration

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Without Hurley we don't get Bouknight. Book was a massive recruit for us. I'm happy he chose UConn, he was very good (not great) here. But Hurley is the keystone to the success.
Without the NBE there is no way we get any of these kids in last few years - Hurley or no Hurley

Reaction Score
Um, no…..not even close
uh yeah
Of course Ray took us to an elite 8. You’re including Ray’s NBA career. Bouks will be right there when he’s done

Reaction Score
DH has a lot of good things going on re: his approach. Needs to tighten up his in-game adjustments/rotations and let his athletes do their thing..

After that.. Really good things will happen.. Like #5

Reaction Score
Pretty sure you have to be named an All-American to go up on the Huskies of Honor wall. So Bouknight wouldn't be eligible under the current criteria as he was "only" named an All-American Honorable Mention. To my knowledge, the only exception thus far has been Chris Dailey.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
UConn should seriously consider having Christian Vital go up with him. You could argue his impact on the program is larger than Bouknight's.
No.

Reaction Score
Damn. We went 18 years averaging 0.72 lottery picks per year, and then we had a 9 year drought. Hopefully Bouk represents somewhat of a retention wall being breached, allowing for a flow of more lottery picks. I gotta think of a catchy name for it...
That’s why Chief called it the “Dam Break” when I predicted James would commit to us. More to come.

Reaction Score
If the Wall is for 1st round/lottery picks then he has to go up there
Thats were it ends - absolutely never in the Huskies of Honor
So many more deserving players that he isn't even in the list of top 20 in consideration
UConn will always be part of the Ray Allen, Caron, Rip and Kemba brands. These guys did OK financially (LOL). Ray golfs with a President and was in a movie, Caron and Rip have had excellent TV careers after being NBA All Stars and Champion. Kemba is laying it all on the line under the bright lights of MSG.
James will chart his own course and Chief wishes him all good things. Unfortunately, his handlers thought short term $’s and not long term strategic investment.

Reaction Score
UConn will always be part of the Ray Allen, Caron, Rip and Kemba brands. These guys did OK financially (LOL). Ray golfs with a President and was in a movie, Caron and Rip have had excellent TV careers after being NBA All Stars and Champion. Kemba is laying it all on the line under the bright lights of MSG.
James will chart his own course and Chief wishes him all good things. Unfortunately, his handlers thought short term $’s and not long term strategic investment.
You're not seriously still hanging onto that opinion. Given the amount of injuries he incurred at UConn anither year could have left him with nothing or hurt his draft stock. Not a good strategy, you have to go when you will be in the lottery.

Reaction Score
Without the NBE there is no way we get any of these kids in last few years - Hurley or no Hurley
True for some, not for all, regardless, the point was, Bouk isn't the keystone to future success.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The former. Criteria for that is lottery pick. He was a lottery pick so his picture goes up on the wall. He doesn't meet the criteria for the Huskies of Honor.
What is the criteria for the Huskies of Honor. For the women's team I believe it being an All-American, but I'm not sure what it is for the men's team.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Every single rational person would have advised Bouk to make the decision he did.

Reaction Score
What is the criteria for the Huskies of Honor. For the women's team I believe it being an All-American, but I'm not sure what it is for the men's team.
It's more wide open. It's not just players, it is for players, coaches, anyone who has made a significant contribution to the programs.

Reaction Score
I always thought that was the criteria for the men's team also but looking at the list of players there that's definitely not the case. I can't really speak about the players before the Calhoun era but since the Calhoun era some of these were not All Americans.

Btw, how is Ben Gordon not on there?

Reaction Score
I always thought that was the criteria for the men's team also but looking at the list of players there that's definitely not the case. I can't really speak about the players before the Calhoun era but since the Calhoun era some of these were not All Americans.

Did Rudy make the wall based on his affectionate representation of UConn after he left the school? He was awesome, but I don't think his UConn playing career warrants a spot on the wall.

Reaction Score
Did Rudy make the wall based on his affectionate representation of UConn after he left the school? He was awesome, but I don't think his UConn playing career warrants a spot on the wall.
He was a first team All American. How many other UConn men's players were? Rudy gets a bad rap from fans on here because the teams he was on were under achievers. Wasn't all his fault.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe they are trying to get Ben out to a game to honor him. From what I understand, they have been trying to work something out for years to no avail.

Hope it happens soon. Boat too.

Reaction Score
He was a first team All American. How many other UConn men's players were? Rudy gets a bad rap from fans on here because the teams he was on were under achievers. Wasn't all his fault.
I forgot he was on the '06 team. I guess he's not as much of an outlier as I thought. Especially with his All-American designation, as you point out.

That being said, be the tangible facts as they may, he is nonetheless the only guy on the list that made me think, "Him?"

Don't get me wrong. I loved him at UConn, and I love seeing all the stuff that he customizes with the Husky logo. Plus, there's this:

Reaction Score
Every single rational person would have advised Bouk to make the decision he did.
Time will tell, there may be factors you are unaware of and others you don’t weigh appropriately. It’s not about James talent, so if you are thinking along that narrow wave band you may come to the wrong conclusion. Also, if you are judging things by a few million received a year earlier you are definitely missing the big picture.

Reaction Score
You-Without Hurley, we don’t get Bouk.
@Abe1 (who appears somehow connected to bouk) writes Kimani.
You-pivot it to “who hired Kimani”
DB hired Dan….I was just trying to see how high up the ladder we could get as to who is responsible for getting Bouk

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom