James Bouknight article | The Boneyard

James Bouknight article

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tarin Smith is gone and, even more importantly, so is Jalen Adams, UConn's top guard standout throughout his college stay. The hope is Alterique Gilbert will finally regain a clean bill of health, which is major due to his track record of injuries. But even if he can, the importance of James Bouknight cannot be understated. A good-sized guard that can play on and off of the ball, Bouknight is the type that the great Huskies’ teams once had. He does need to refine certain aspects of his skill set, but the toughness, backcourt versatility and scoring prowess will be put to quick use for Dan Hurley’s attempted revitalization at UConn.

Reaction Score
Think he's going to be special just has that "it" as does Gaffney. Think the staff hit the jackpot for the future with these 2.
Agreed. Both probably not good enough yet to be one and done but league potential is there with both. I love these type of recruits.

Reaction Score
For Whatever reason I’m feeling bouknight. I think he is going to be big time here at Uconn - just a feeling I have. can’t wait for this year to start

Reaction Score
U kno, everyone talking about gaffney and akok(which they shud) and Carlton’s development , and polley needing to get more assertive and stronger, and AG’s(who I love) injuries and vital coming back and sids potential - I think bouknight might be a nice little sleeper for us this year. No one really saying much bout Him till this most recent thread. Watch out

Reaction Score
U kno, everyone talking about gaffney and akok(which they shud) and Carlton’s development , and polley needing to get more assertive and stronger, and AG’s(who I love) injuries and vital coming back and sids potential - I think bouknight might be a nice little sleeper for us this year. No one really saying much bout Him till this most recent thread. Watch out

I think that's definitely possible. Bouknight never tries to do too much, has great fundamentals, and defends. Those are keys for becoming an immediate contributor.

Gaffney is a tremendous athlete and competitor, but unlike Bouknight, he requires the ball in his hands. He's also really creative and crafty--might take a season for that all to work at the high major level.

Akok is super raw but has great length. If he can shoot and block shots, he may be the best of the bunch. If his shooting doesn't get more consistent, we may be seeing more Polley that we would prefer to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom