Jamelle Elliot is happy... | The Boneyard

Jamelle Elliot is happy...

Reaction Score
I did not put football in the title as I did not want to shake Rocky up more than he has been. ;)
While attending the football signing event last evening I had the pleasure of a brief chat and photo op with one of my all time favorites. I welcomed her back and expressed concern of her not coaching at this time. Her comments were "I'm no longer getting gray hairs" and with her million dollar smile "I'm home."
From there I did proceed directly to The XL Center to take in the women's game with ECU. Discussion of that already in many other threads. Overall a great evening of UConn, but getting to see Jamelle in such great shape and frame of mind was frosting on the cake.

Reaction Score
I've always said that if I had been a basketball player I would have played like Jamelle Elliot. She's my all time favorite Husky.
Did you ever see Kerry Bascom play? She and her teams are the reason I still watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did you ever see Kerry Bascom play? She and her teams are the reason I still watch.
How did you feel about Geno taking away her scoring record?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Geno checked with Bascom beforehand. If she's ok with it, as she was, I don't see how it's anyone else's concern.

That record was going to get broken sooner or later anyway.

Reaction Score
That record was going to get broken sooner or later anyway.
It looks like in a few weeks, both Sales and Bascom will fall a couple notches on the UCONN all-time scoring list.

Attachments

• 7E0BD5DD-4741-4213-9B5E-F8494C0AB35E.jpeg
    7E0BD5DD-4741-4213-9B5E-F8494C0AB35E.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 73
Reaction Score
It looks like in a few weeks, both Sales and Bascom will fall a couple notches on the UCONN all-time scoring list.
Almost meaningless list when it comes to UConn....its just a points list. IMO the combo lists, pts/asst, pts/reb etc say lots more.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jamelle still has to smart somewhat from that departure timed to the new facility, etc, etc. Maybe she'll lick her wounds and foray out again, but hers is a cautionary tale about picking the right spot to get head coaching experience.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Jamelle still has to smart somewhat from that departure timed to the new facility, etc, etc. Maybe she'll lick her wounds and foray out again, but hers is a cautionary tale about picking the right spot to get head coaching experience.
Like another favorite from 1995 apparently did.

Berube transforms D-III Tufts into national contender

BTW I like the fact that the 1995 Starting Five has continued to have an involvement with Women's College BB/College BB. Two analysts/commentators and, up until this year, three head WBB coaches.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jamelle is also my all time favorite - undersized, not graced with amazing talent, but a worker, competitor and winner who knew how to do what she had to do.
Tough as nails while she was playing. That's the difference maker for her. Best comparison on the men's side is Jeff Adrian.

Reaction Score

No, like a lot of people I didn't start following the Huskies until their first undefeated season back in 1994-5. That's when I first saw Jamelle play and just loved the way she went about it- tough, no nonsense, just get it done.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Like another favorite from 1995 apparently did.

Berube transforms D-III Tufts into national contender

BTW I like the fact that the 1995 Starting Five has continued to have an involvement with Women's College BB/College BB. Two analysts/commentators and, up until this year, three head WBB coaches.

Bingo. And now, though she says she is very happy where she is and I don't doubt it, with here USA Basketball pedigree and undeniable track record she could go a lot of places.

Reaction Score
Bingo. And now, though she says she is very happy where she is and I don't doubt it, with here USA Basketball pedigree and undeniable track record she could go a lot of places.
D3 is a different world with different rules.

No scholarships, reduced practice times, and strict compliance with financial aid.

My daughter played D3 in 2 sports.

Sure, there are programs that skirt the edges and are known for certain programs. All things being equal between choices , fine...but you don’t choose a D3
school just to play a sport , if you do you’re nuts.

There’s recruiting, but it’s very very different.

I would think in that environment CB’s quality shines brighter.....but moving up and jumping into the recruiting game is something completely different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom