Jalen's loyalty to KO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen's loyalty to KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OH OKAY THANKS FOR THE HELP BUD COOL JOB
January is the most recent quote: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...nn-men-advance-tulsa-0114-20160113-story.html

"I'm one of the energy guys," Purvis said, his hoodie still pulled up to ward off the January weather back home. "I get really fired up and pumped up during the games. I try to take that into the locker room as well, before we even get on the court, pumping the guys up and getting guys excited to play, because this is the last time this team is going to get together, these last couple of months. We're just trying to cherish the moment, and I try to tell guys how important it is, and to cherish the moment."

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
From June: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...rodney-purvis-0617-20150616-story.html#page=1

Purvis, who came to UConn as a transfer and had to sit out the 2013-14 season, can answer nearly any question a visitor can have. The pitch comes from the heart.

"First, I'm going to tell them it's hard work," he said, "a whole lot of hard work, and secondly, which is the most important, is growth. It's not going to happen fast. It's going to take you some time, but when it's your time, you're going to be ready; you're going to be prepared for it. There are going to be guys at your position every single day that are just as talented as you. If you want to come somewhere and get better ... you're going to have that opportunity."

"… And if you're a smart guy, and the NBA is what you want to get to, with this coaching staff — I'm not talking down about any program in America, but you've got a guy here who played in the NBA, who's young, who still hops in on practices and drills, he's the resource. He can tell you what you need, what they're looking for, what they're not looking for. I mean if the NBA is your goal, then Kevin Ollie is your guy."

From January: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...nn-men-advance-tulsa-0114-20160113-story.html

"I'm one of the energy guys," Purvis said, his hoodie still pulled up to ward off the January weather back home. "I get really fired up and pumped up during the games. I try to take that into the locker room as well, before we even get on the court, pumping the guys up and getting guys excited to play, because this is the last time this team is going to get together, these last couple of months. We're just trying to cherish the moment, and I try to tell guys how important it is, and to cherish the moment."
These are the two articles I found. In neither of them does he say anything about not being here to play with recruits.

Reaction Score
These are the two articles I found. In neither of them does he say anything about not being here to play with recruits.
He's graduating, though. And UConn is looking at other 2016 SG recruits right now, too. Even though he hasn't said it explicitly, all indications are that he's leaving - whether it's for the NBA or Europe.

Reaction Score
@krinklecut This is the quote I was looking for: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/amo...goodwill-ambassador.77872/page-2#post-1349495

Purvis has stayed on campus throughout the spring, staying on top of class work. As a redshirt junior, he has two years eligibility left, but his goal is to graduate next spring.

"The main thing is just leaving a mark," Purvis said. "I probably won't be here to play with those [younger recruits], but, hey, I just want to leave a mark. I want to be that type of UConn guy that's talked about when the coaches talk about their guys. I just want to be the guy who is good in the community, good around the campus. I'm going to try to leave the things that I took from 'Bazz and from Kevin Ollie and leave them on Jalen, and then Jalen will be the next guy in line. Just trying to use all my gifts, I guess."

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
He's graduating, though. And UConn is looking at other 2016 SG recruits right now, too. Even though he hasn't said it explicitly, all indications are that he's leaving - whether it's for the NBA or Europe.
I guess time will tell. I don't see him leaving but I can also understand that it's very likely. I'll tell you guys how right you were if the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom