Jalen's loyalty to KO | The Boneyard

Jalen's loyalty to KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"We want to get to the tournament really bad. We want to be able to make it this year, personally, I want to make it for the team and for Coach Ollie — he's coached us really hard."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...conn-men-usf-advance-0225-20160224-story.html

Wanted to put this up here to counter some of the "guessing" (if you can even call it that) about whether Jalen would transfer after KO put him in the dog house, and to counter the common criticism that KO does not show enough passion (smh). These words are straight from Jalen's mouth.

Jalen and the other players trust KO and they see KO's passion everyday in practice and during the games. Yet some posters who watch games from their living rooms think KO stomping his feet 2 times as opposed to 4 times is a clear sign that he doesn't have enough passion and is not working the refs enough.

The players trust KO and he is the main reason many of the players on the current team and our future recruits even come to UCONN. Its not KO's coaching that led to losses to Cincy and Temple (twice). The players know its on them to go out and execute better (i.e. not missing 14 layups against Cincy last game).

Reaction Score
Nothing out of the ordinary just the usual freshman kissy butty thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"We want to get to the tournament really bad. We want to be able to make it this year, personally, I want to make it for the team and for Coach Ollie — he's coached us really hard."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...conn-men-usf-advance-0225-20160224-story.html

Wanted to put this up here to counter some of the "guessing" (if you can even call it that) about whether Jalen would transfer after KO put him in the dog house, and to counter the common criticism that KO does not show enough passion (smh). These words are straight from Jalen's mouth.

Jalen and the other players trust KO and they see KO's passion everyday in practice and during the games. Yet some posters who watch games from their living rooms think KO stomping his feet 2 times as opposed to 4 times is a clear sign that he doesn't have enough passion and is not working the refs enough.

The players trust KO and he is the main reason many of the players on the current team and our future recruits even come to UCONN. Its not KO's coaching that led to losses to Cincy and Temple (twice). The players know its on them to go out and execute better (i.e. not missing 14 layups against Cincy last game).

If 'guessing' = 'stupidity', then yes, you can call it 'guessing'.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Who said jalen would transfer? I'm not even one of the people who minds speculating on that, but did anyone actually ever say that?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I would think the team's motivation would be to do it for the guys that won't be back next year... give Gibbs/Miller/Nolan/(maybe Purv) one more shot at the dance

Reaction Score
I love it when posters just completely make up controversial narratives, actually I hate it. Who the hell is talking about Adams transferring?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I would think the team's motivation would be to do it for the guys that won't be back next year... give Gibbs/Miller/Nolan/(maybe Purv) one more shot at the dance
Do people really think Purvis might go? Dude has no business on an NBA team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I love it when posters just completely make up controversial narratives, actually I hate it. Who the hell is talking about Adams transferring?
Didn't make it up. A few people mentioned it following the Temple game.

Yankees is correct, there were multiple explicit mentions of the t-word in regards to Adams.

Reaction Score
Purv is 23 and going to Europe if NBA doesn't work out. Wish he'd come back but he's gone at this point.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it's not a real team if you don't have a few disputes along the way! The casual fan overreacts to what players and coaches forget the next day!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Who said jalen would transfer? I'm not even one of the people who minds speculating on that, but did anyone actually ever say that?
I agree. How did this started? Jalen gets benched, he wants to transfer. *shrugging shoulders". KO? ESPN needed a drama story? If so, leaves to where? Follows TSam?

Reaction Score
Such wild speculation.
Its not wild speculation he stated out out of his own mouth that he was trying to graduate this spring and likely wouldn't be here to play with the incoming recruits that he spent time with during official visits.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well, don't forget that those are the same sort of fans that enjoy first night. Take with a grain of salt.

They might enjoy first night, but we'll never win another title with a coed first night scrimmage. Probably what's keeping us from a P5 too.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Its not wild speculation he stated out out of his own mouth that he was trying to graduate this spring and likely wouldn't be here to play with the incoming recruits that he spent time with during official visits.
Somehow I missed that. Sorry man. Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom