Jalen's left hand | The Boneyard

Jalen's left hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember some posters commenting about his high school highlight videos. There was some concern about his left hand. At this point I definitely think it's a weakness in his game. I think Kansas scouted him well and noticed the same. It's definitely something he needs to work on because he's significantly stronger with his right. Hopefully he improves his left hand over the off-season.

Reaction Score
Not a strength but he'll be okay. To me, his biggest area of focus should be on reading the D and realizing when it's time to attack the rim and when not to. As with most young PGs, especially athletic ones, they come out of HS where they can get to the rim at will, even through a crowded lane. Can't do that at the high DI level obviously. Got to know the difference between a good time to attack and when he needs to avoid forcing things. He forced things A LOT vs Kansas. I think his first three FGAs were rejected.

Reaction Score
I would imagine working on his left hand will be a major goal this summer. Jalen is a freak athlete and that shouldn't be a problem.

Reaction Score
I think his biggest goal would be a consistent jump shot. He'd be a force if he could go to the rim like he does but also knock down mid range jump shots consistently. Stop and pops, catch and shoot etc.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's funny but he loves the little RH spin to squeeze it in before the shot blockers get there on the left side. While it seems to work a lot you saw how much it worked for Sterling as he hardly ever finished from the left side because he was all right. Would love to see Jalen get a left, as well as DHAm too.

Reaction Score
Yes, he can't be the next Shabazz or Kemba until he can hit the step back 3 consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom