Jalen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jalen is at least the 3rd scoring option on the floor at all times and normally the 4th or even the 5th. You can see he's hesitant, as he is adjusting to not taking the ball up every possession and creating for himself, as he has done his whole basketball life till this point. He has good intangibles tho, still needs to improve the jumper (who doesn't tho over than like Steph), but he'll be just fine.

Reaction Score
Jalen is at least the 3rd scoring option on the floor at all times and normally the 4th or even the 5th. You can see he's hesitant, as he is adjusting to not taking the ball up every possession and creating for himself, as he has done his whole basketball life till this point. He has good intangibles tho, still needs to improve the jumper (who doesn't tho over than like Steph), but he'll be just fine.
I've mentioned this before, but it's really hard for a player to hit jump shots, especially threes, when they only are taking a handful of shots. It's much easier to develop consistency when you're a higher volume shooter like some of the more experienced players on the team. One good example was Kemba Walker early on. When he became one of the primary scorers, he started knocking down and shots in a much more efficient clip. Jalen will be fine, but may continue to struggle in his current role.

Reaction Score
You want to play with a 6'4 guy, bean pole 6'7 guy, and 6'5 guy as our front line?
I'm guessing the bean pole 6'7" guy is Dham(closer to 6'8") who is a great rebounder and SM is 6'7" and not 6'5". That is our best offensive team and not bad on defense in the back court. I agree with 80shusky it would give us our best chance to win. We aren't playing NBA front lines last time I checked in the AAC. Start DHAM, SM, RP, SG and JA and see what that can do to spur on our pathetic offense.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
One is miller. Two is hamilton. Three is Gibbs. Four is purvis. 5 is jalen followed by brimah Enoch Calhoun. Two-four are switchable but miller has to be the number one. He's smart, big, explosive, not many bigs can match him. He also doesn't get his fair share of calls

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm guessing the bean pole 6'7" guy is Dham(closer to 6'8") who is a great rebounder and SM is 6'7" and not 6'5". That is our best offensive team and not bad on defense in the back court. I agree with 80shusky it would give us our best chance to win. We aren't playing NBA front lines last time I checked in the AAC. Start DHAM, SM, RP, SG and JA and see what that can do to spur on our pathetic offense.
The thing is if we don't start facey and start we lose our second best rebounder and our best offensive rebounder.

Reaction Score
Why not try DHam for stretches @ the 1 so he can distribute to Gibbs and RP. That way when Brimah returns you can sit JA and not expose him or force more double teams because there is no need to play him on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
You want to play with a 6'4 guy, bean pole 6'7 guy, and 6'5 guy as our front line?
Not always. As I said I'm not suggesting that many more minutes for Jalen just start him so he feels like it's his team to run. Of course we would have to go big with Facey a lot too.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Jalen's playing time and handling the point and Gibbs emergence as a star are not unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom