Jalen | The Boneyard

Jalen

Reaction Score
Well we've played 4 games and it seems pretty clear Jalen still has no idea how to draw a foul. He'll make a nice move to get to the rim and turn into a contortionist doing everything to not get fouled and increasing the difficulty of the finish by leaps and bounds. He's a really good player but this is one of the things that has kept him from reaching greatness and one of the things that seperates him from Kemba and Bazz. Those guys were masters of jerking their heads back to create the illusion of contact and when in the paint they would seek out contact. I don't know if he's scared or what but by year 4 I had hoped when he got a guy in the air near the tin he wouldn't be trying triple pump layups instead of just drawing contact.

Reaction Score
Well we've played 4 games and it seems pretty clear Jalen still has no idea how to draw a foul. He'll make a nice move to get to the rim and turn into a contortionist doing everything to not get fouled and increasing the difficulty of the finish by leaps and bounds. He's a really good player but this is one of the things that has kept him from reaching greatness and one of the things that seperates him from Kemba and Bazz. Those guys were masters of jerking their heads back to create the illusion of contact and when in the paint they would seek out contact. I don't know if he's scared or what but by year 4 I had hoped when he got a guy in the air near the tin he wouldn't be trying triple pump layups instead of just drawing contact.

Yeah agree and it's painful as a fan. I believe it to be more trying to look pretty than scared. Whatever it's not doing him or his team at this point. Needs to be tougher like most and I'm sure Hurley is frustrated with it.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
he draws plenty of contact. the refs swallow the whistle with him. He should start the fake head snap thing kembaand bazz were so proficient at.

Reaction Score
He hasn’t been as aggressive this year in trying to get to the hoop. Generally we’ve played well as a team and he’s also been good so it hasn’t mattered, but times when the team is struggling like last night it would be great to see Jalen act like he is the only NBA player on the court and go get it

Reaction Score
He hasn’t been as aggressive this year in trying to get to the hoop. Generally we’ve played well as a team and he’s also been good so it hasn’t mattered, but times when the team is struggling like last night it would be great to see Jalen act like he is the only NBA player on the court and go get it

I think this is more a function of him now playing off the ball.

I believe we are better served with him playing the point. He is not a pure shooter, which is what you want as a 2. Now, when Gilbert drives and kicks, this takes away from Jalens strength. What's he have left to do, drive right back in to the bodies Gilbert attracted?

IMO he is much better with the ball. Look at his assist numbers too the last few years with teams that couldn't shoot and bigs that couldn't finish!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For all the right buttons Hurley has made I haven't been a big fan of him calling out Jalen as needing more shots.

Makes teammates hesitant to shoot and puts extra stress on JA to feel he needs to shoot more.

I think you can get same results with a more subtle message.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom