Jalen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen

Reaction Score
While it’s not the norm, it’s not nearly as rare as you’re making it out to be.

Shabazz and Josh Hart are two recent guys who came to mind (that little NC thing helped though). I’m not arguing that Jalen should come back, but I don’t think it’s set in stone that returning would automatically hurt his draft status.
No one is saying it is set in stone and I have repeatedly said it can happen. Its just unlikely that it will and most guys on here who are clamoring for Jalen to come back are thinking more about the team than Jalen.

Reaction Score
Jalen's draft stock will improve if he comes back next year AND the team is good.
It will worsen if he comes back and the team still sucks.
Ask Grayson Allen. Duke is good and he will get drafted lower this year than last.

Reaction Score
Sorry but could not disagree with you more
Coming back has helped more than 5 players and has hurt more than 5 players
Jalen is in one of those where coming back will, in my opinion, be a benefit versus going pro. He has proven he is a high caliber scorer in college basketball. He is the second leading scorer in a competitive conference that has some really great guards. He was 1st team all conference last year and his stats bear out consideration for that again this year - in fact, if he lands as second team this year his stats just might be stronger than last year.
He needs to work on his outside shooting and continue on adding to his distribution skills. At his size, he needs to add some bulk but no weight.
It is my opinion, if he turns pro, because of his outside shooting consistency issues and his size, he might not see the court as much as if he were to return for his senior year. To work on what he needs he needs to work on it in real action - something he will get at UConn
If he were a 6'5" or bigger guard then I would say he should go but given his physical restrictions, another year will help a lot. We saw it in Rob Gray at Houston among others. Even allowing Boat to run the show his senior year better prepared him for his pro future and acclimated him in the areas of distribution and outside shooting.
I don't disagree with what you saying about how another year might help him improve in certain areas. I disagree that even if does make those improvements, it will cost him a year of earnings and not help his draft status much. Rob Gray is a great example. Here is a kid who showed improvement every year and has developed into a very good college player. After all that and four years later, Rob Gray is still not getting drafted. Maybe it helps him with a better European deal, but I am not even convinced of that. So what was the opportunity cost for Rob Gray? Sure, a degree is worth something but if you want to make a career out of playing basketball, going back to school hurts way more than it helps. Typically.

Reaction Score
He needs work to be ready for the NBA. He needs a 3-ball, and needs to be able to stay under control. He really needs to work in a disciplined offense.

Reaction Score
“I like him,” the scout said. “The thing I like about him is he’s improved and he’s listening more to his coach. Jalen seems, to me, like he’s starting to get it. I thought he had a very good year.”

But that doesn’t mean he should turn pro.

“I would recommend, 100-percent (he return for his senior season),” the scout said. “Tell him a veteran scout who really likes your game says to keep working, tighten it all up in the summer, and next year you’ll be a man playing with boys and you’ll move up the college ranks. Otherwise, don’t listen to some fly-by-night agent that’s gonna lie to him. It’s fine if he wants to test the waters — he’s allowed to do that. But in my opinion, he should go back to school.”

NBA scout believes Jalen Adams should return to UConn for senior season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom