Jalen Vital Whaley Carlton Polley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Vital Whaley Carlton Polley

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton never got over 39% from the floor at UConn. Far from an abysmal player. CV Gets fouled a lot on 2's and is already mostly shooting 3s. Shouldn't overreact

CV is quite possibly the worst player UConn has ever had with ball in his hands and running the fast break. It's either a charge/ turnover or a horrendous attempt at layup that ends up as basically a turnover and then once in a blue moon he may pass the ball.

And he needs to quit taking ill advised 3s that kill momentum and play into what the opposing team wants.

He's a good role player but not someone you want as your #2

Reaction Score
CV is quite possibly the worst player UConn has ever had with ball in his hands and running the fast break. It's either a charge/ turnover or a horrendous attempt at layup that ends up as basically a turnover and then once in a blue moon he may pass the ball.

And he needs to quit taking ill advised 3s that kill momentum and play into what the opposing team wants.

He's a good role player but not someone you want as your #2
That’s such an untrue statement. The worst UConn player ever with the ball in his hands on a fast break? Lol

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Vital is a 6th man. He’s not the guy you want leading your team.

Whaley and Carlton can make up a mean front court in a few years - I’m excited for that.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
This is what I wanted to see develop as the season progressed. Cobb, Onourah, Anderson, Williams. They are players, but they are patches. Sometimes you just have to rebuild, and you do that with 4 year players for the foundation. Whaley, Carlton and Polley are showing they belong. They will make mistakes, because they’re freshmen, but they have to be allowed that freedom to learn.

Reaction Score
Carlton last 4 games: 10.8 pts 9 boards. 54% from the field. This kid is getting confidence and has a great future ahead of him when he gets stronger.

Vital last 4 games: 14.8 pts 3.5 reb 2 ast. 39% FG. 39% from 3. 86% FT. Close to to steals as well. That's including a terrible game against Memphis. Those percentages bump without it. I really think with some more experience and BBIQ, and a better handle he has borderline AAC all-conference potential.
Im thrilled with Carlton and i called him making an impact before the season even started. I saw a lot that i liked coming out of high school and thought he could be pretty good. I think he can be a solid piece at the 5 for the next 2 or 3 years.

Vital just needs time. I like him and think hes going to be terrific by his senior year. People just need to temper expectations and be patient because hes not some blue chip recruit. Hes just a solid kid thats going to take time to really blossom.

I watched the SMU game and thats the best ive seen this team look in a long, long time. KO really needs to give that 5 group a chance to build on their success. His job depends on it.

Reaction Score
This is what I wanted to see develop as the season progressed. Cobb, Onourah, Anderson, Williams. They are players, but they are patches. Sometimes you just have to rebuild, and you do that with 4 year players for the foundation. Whaley, Carlton and Polley are showing they belong. They will make mistakes, because they’re freshmen, but they have to be allowed that freedom to learn.
I still really, really like Polley. He seems like if he can just put it all together he could be a really good player. I hope he becomes what i think he can be over the next couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom