Jalen played so-so, our Seniors not much better and | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen played so-so, our Seniors not much better and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're right, these are not impressive stats, but they were good enough to win with. You want Brimah and Facey to pull down 20 rebounds a night and I want to kanoodle with Scarlet Johansson - but then again reality intrudes. Stop wishing for what we might have and start dealing with what we do have - and with this team, shooting poorly from 3 and facing zone every night, starting the offense by getting the ball to our bigs down low, or in the 4 hole, has to be a priority.

I wasn't wishing for anything in my post. I was stating that 13 rebounds among 3 men all 6'9" and taller is a depressing combined statistic.

"Dealing with what we have" can take many forms. For example, you choose to say they were good enough to beat BU, I choose to say its pathetic and "good enough" to lose to Wagner and Northeastern.

Fact of the matter is that none of our big men have developed like they should have. Whether that fact is to be blamed on a lack of player ability or a lack of player development by the coaches is something we don't know for sure. Either way, it is pathetic and not "good enough."

I agree with your last point about the offense. Against a zone the ball needs to get into the high post/interior of the zone. It drives me crazy that the only plays that are run are screens at the top of the key or heaves from 25 feet. Poor shooting is to be expected when you get poor looks at the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom