Jalen Lecque | The Boneyard

Jalen Lecque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since Jalen Carey said no...you just keep recruiting them (Any Jalen) until they say yes.

If KO is making special trips down to see this kid play I am going to go out on a limb and say this is his early favorite for a 2019 guard.

Reaction Score
Is that Tom Crean coaching at the 1:41 mark?

Kid looks like a stud on video.

Reaction Score
This kid is getting a ton of publicity on Twitter from the college basketball reporters. He appears to be blowing up big time.

Reaction Score
Very explosive and athletic from the video. Every time he gets into the lane it looks like he's jumping off of a trampoline.

Reaction Score
This kid is getting a ton of publicity on Twitter from the college basketball reporters. He appears to be blowing up big time.
247 has had him as a 5 star since April. He’s a known commodity already.

Reaction Score
Alterique, Jalen, dham, did. Never say never.

I just think right now, with where the program is, we need to realign recruiting a bit and put our time into more realistic targets.

D Ham and Jalen came after a national title. I want the best guys too, but We have been burned by five stars so much lately.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't understand how some people think we shouldn't try for these kids. Recruiting studs doesn't stop from putting time into more realistic targets. And I have a feeling if KO and Chill both went to watch this kid this early, he's more than interested.

Reaction Score

Good to see KO stay on Lecque, but seriously what kind of idiot tweets stuff like this with the recruit tagged in the tweet? You’re literally only hurting by tweeting stuff like this. People are so stupid.

100% chance that is a boneyarder who contributes here. People don't realize that the more you bad mouth our program/coach in a public forum (twitter/boneyard) the more you are hurting the program. I think we have had 100 fire Ollie threads since the beg of the season.

This place is so inundated with it, that if a recruit/parent/coach of a recruit ever visits here or searches Ollie/UConn on twitter, why would they ever send the recruit here.

I'm not saying that Ollie doesn't deserve criticism because he certainly does but people need to realize the harm that its going to cause creating a fire Ollie thread every day.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
100% chance that is a boneyarder who contributes here. People don't realize that the more you bad mouth our program/coach in a public forum (twitter/boneyard) the more you are hurting the program. I think we have had 100 fire Ollie threads since the beg of the season.

This place is so inundated with it, that if a recruit/parent/coach of a recruit ever visits here or searches Ollie/UConn on twitter, why would they ever send the recruit here.

I'm not saying that Ollie doesn't deserve criticism because he certainly does but people need to realize the harm that its going to cause creating a fire Ollie thread every day.

They're doing it on purpose. The more recruits get scared off, the more likely a firing becomes. The end justifies the means.

Reaction Score

Good to see KO stay on Lecque, but seriously what kind of idiot tweets stuff like this with the recruit tagged in the tweet? You’re literally only hurting by tweeting stuff like this. People are so stupid.

I PM'd him to knock it off. As others have said, KO deserves a lot of criticism he is receiving but let's give him an opportunity to fix it. This hurts the program and only serves those that just want KO gone more than for the program to succeed in the near term.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't understand how some people think we shouldn't try for these kids. Recruiting studs doesn't stop from putting time into more realistic targets. And I have a feeling if KO and Chill both went to watch this kid this early, he's more than interested.

We definitely need to try. Especially with NY or Boston kids where we've had so much success. These guys remember Kemba, Bazz, Taliek etc. and know they won titles.

The question is, when this kid is down to Duke, UK, UConn and Nova, and some solid 4 star guard is willing to commit to UConn, what do you do?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We definitely need to try. Especially with NY or Boston kids where we've had so much success. These guys remember Kemba, Bazz, Taliek etc. and know they won titles.

The question is, when this kid is down to Duke, UK, UConn and Nova, and some solid 4 star guard is willing to commit to UConn, what do you do?
We know now you take the 4 star. Keep recruiting the 5 star though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We know now you take the 4 star. Keep recruiting the 5 star though.

I think that's something Ollie has struggled with so far. Aiming high, without an adequate fall back. When we lost out on Brandon Jennings, we got Kemba Walker. Of course modern sites show him as the #2 PG in the class, but he wasn't when he signed. He was a top 10 PG perhaps.

Reaction Score

And those are the same posters that are creating the "We can't recruit any good players anymore" threads. Smh

Reaction Score
Of course modern sites show him as the #2 PG in the class, but he wasn't when he signed. He was a top 10 PG perhaps.

I'm not sure that's right. You don't remember Kemba banging on (I think) Jrue Holiday in the McDonald's game? There were not 9 PGs rated higher than he was, it was pretty much Jennings.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that's right. You don't remember Kemba banging on (I think) Jrue Holiday in the McDonald's game? There were not 9 PGs rated higher than he was, it was pretty much Jennings.

You are correct. He was an elite prospect through hs.

Reaction Score
Is that Tom Crean coaching at the 1:41 mark?

Kid looks like a stud on video.
Can't imagine it was Crean but it sure looked like him.
Would like to see him go to his right hand some. He appears to be a lefty who goes left most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom