Jalen Gaffney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I try to reach all demographics - sometimes I get accused of being too Street. But, I agree lots of buzz words in that post.
Didn't know you could use the word 'I'. Glad you're going away from the 3rd person shenanigans. Much less gimmicky.

Reaction Score
As for Hurley, Tip O’Neil use to say all politics is local. From conversations and what I have observed, Dan takes that approach in recruiting. He tries to develop little centers of excellence and develops synergies based on relationships or geography. 1+1=3 type thinking. The dude has both macro and micro visions. Besides, he has an interest in history, which many great coaches have. That’s a really interesting aspect about him, that perhaps the casual fan may not be aware of

Amazing insight that couldn't be gleaned from the dozens of stories that have been written about him over the past few years. Nope, not at all. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As for Hurley, Tip O’Neil use to say all politics is local. From conversations and what I have observed, Dan takes that approach in recruiting. He tries to develop little centers of excellence and develops synergies based on relationships or geography. 1+1=3 type thinking. The dude has both macro and micro visions. Besides, he has an interest in history, which many great coaches have. That’s a really interesting aspect about him, that perhaps the casual fan may not be aware of

Your gift for being condescending while spouting nonsense that sounds like absolute gibberish to anyone with half a brain is truly unparalleled. Really one of the great characters of all time. You're like the David Brent of college basketball. I love it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Before you past judgement on Blaze, which due to external factors lasted just 9 months, let’s see how the 4 recruits do the next 2 to 3 years at UConn, WVU, Stanford and Georgetown.

God I love everything about this post from the generating a 3 year pass on Blaze, to the humble brag on talking recruiting strategy with Hurley, to the passing casual fan slam at the end. That is some quality Chiefing right there.

hat-tip.gif

C

Chief00

God I love everything about this post from the generating a 3 year pass on Blaze, to the humble brag on talking recruiting strategy with Hurley, to the passing casual fan slam at the end. That is some quality Chiefing right there.

hat-tip.gif

Since Blaze was in effect June 2017 to March 2018 - I think that’s reasonable to look at these to be Freshman in their Sophmore or Junior year to make a judgement. Sid is the exception being a transfer - so look at him over 2 years. This isn’t to say they won’t contribute this year - but why wouldn’t you sample over 2-3 years to make a judgement?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
People who use “I” too much - it’s an all about them interpersonal signal. Don’t advise you to do that.
Chief is always coaching dudes up.
People who speak in the 3rd person have no signal at all. Just confusing and weird. Who said anything about using "I" too much? It's a necessary part of communication. I advise you use it.

C

Chief00

Your gift for being condescending while spouting nonsense that sounds like absolute gibberish to anyone with half a brain is truly unparalleled. Really one of the great characters of all time. You're like the David Brent of college basketball. I love it.
In the spirit of David Brent - “My drinking - does it offend you - yeah good”!
Change the drinking to posting.

C

Chief00

People who speak in the 3rd person have no signal at all. Just confusing and weird. Who said anything about using "I" too much? It's a necessary part of communication. I advise you use it.
Using I too much sends a message it’s all about you.
Additionally, you realize the apparent obvious - Chief is a handle/nickname not my real name and the rules you are referring to assume that’s my real name. I hope that helps.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Since Blaze was in effect June 2017 to March 2018 - I think that’s reasonable to look at these to be Freshman in their Sophmore or Junior year to make a judgement. Sid is the exception being a transfer - so look at him over 2 years. This isn’t to say they won’t contribute this year - but why wouldn’t you sample over 2-3 years to make a judgement?

"I" x 1.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Using I too much sends a message it’s all about you.
Additionally, you realize the apparent obvious - Chief is a handle/nickname not my real name and the rules you are referring to assume that’s my real name. I hope that helps.

"I" x 1.

Do you people not see the genius in moderation. El Jefe is showing you how to live humbly by his example in his writings. The Pontiff himself has noticed a shift in the force.

This is beauty in writing and self-awareness.

(Yes, I do realize he used "I" in the first sentence but not referring to himself).

Reaction Score
I try to reach all demographics - sometimes I get accused of being too Street. But, I agree lots of buzz words in that post.

I appreciate you having this self awareness. I have always appreciated your insider information but I must admit I am slightly uncomfortable with how Street you are.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I appreciate you having this self awareness. I have always appreciated your insider information but I must admit I am slightly uncomfortable with how Street you are.

"I" x 4 = Casual pontificator.

C

Chief00

It’s not how Chief defines himself - it’s what Chief has been accused of - that is being “too street”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom