Jalen Gaffney at the Point | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney at the Point

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson shares the ball,

Starting Jackson, with his passing ability, vision, and IQ will make this offense function at a higher level. He will share time at the top of the arc directing traffic with whoever starts at the point, allowing the other guard to play off the ball some looking to score or facilitate off the wings, or through the motion of the offense, which should be improved with the addition of Jackson, who as we know is an excellent passer.

I am hoping Gaffney gets the start at the point; I've really seen some nifty passing from him even though not all end in assists, partially attributed to our not so good field goal %. His ability to penetrate and dish, finish, or get fouled we are just starting to see, and I'm sure Hurley is tying his minutes to how aggressive he plays. Jalen really needs to look for his shot more; we are just not making enough threes to keep the opposing defense honest, and open up the floor for less contested scoring opportunities. Having Jackson in the lineup playing major minutes is a great shakeup move by Hurley to get this offense jump started, and put some points on the board.

I just want to see a better looking offense today against Xavier.

CV1

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson shares the ball,

Starting Jackson, with his passing ability, vision, and IQ will make this offense function at a higher level. He will share time at the top of the arc directing traffic with whoever starts at the point, allowing the other guard to play off the ball some looking to score or facilitate off the wings, or through the motion of the offense, which should be improved with the addition of Jackson, who as we know is an excellent passer.

I am hoping Gaffney gets the start at the point; I've really seen some nifty passing from him even though not all end in assists, partially attributed to our not so good field goal %. His ability to penetrate and dish, finish, or get fouled we are just starting to see, and I'm sure Hurley is tying his minutes to how aggressive he plays. Jalen really needs to look for his shot more; we are just not making enough threes to keep the opposing defense honest, and open up the floor for less contested scoring opportunities. Having Jackson in the lineup playing major minutes is a great shakeup move by Hurley to get this offense jump started, and put some points on the board.

I just want to see a better looking offense today against Xavier.
If I was the Xavier coach, I’d throw that press at us again and see what we do with it. Both Cole and Gaffney were stuck in neutral and then how many times did we chuck up a shot as the shot clock was expiring? We had no answer for it all game. Losing 10 seconds from breaking the press plus 15 seconds of passing around the perimeter equals a guaranteed terrible shot selection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom