Jalen could be back for Senior Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen could be back for Senior Night

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Isn't Jalen really close to passing a few players on the alltime scorers list? Or did I just dream that (again)?

Reaction Score
So take that date and add at least a week and a half. UCONN Basketball Injuries 2018-2019.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Oh man I’m sure a lot of people on this board will be very upset if mr 4hunnid pushes Wes B out of the top 10.
True, but it is an "apples and oranges" comparison. Wes only played 3 years and averaged over 23 points a game. Jalen is not in that category.

Reaction Score
True, but it is an "apples and oranges" comparison. Wes only played 3 years and averaged over 23 points a game. Jalen is not in that category.

He also isn’t alive so maybe you should pull for Jalen on one of his last games.

Reaction Score
Jalen was wincing and grabbing his knee on bench during the Cincy game. I wonder if that timetable has changed especially hearing one poster saying they had to ice his knee.

C

Chief00

You replied with the same information that was posted in the article AFTER it was posted. Give me some original info chiefers, I don't need a refresh button.

My information is from a pretty original source. LOL. My source wasn’t some article.

Having said that, Chief feels neither Jalen or Gilbert should play further this season. I hope saner thinking prevails.

Reaction Score
My information is from a pretty original source. LOL. My source wasn’t some article.

Having said that Chief feels neither Jalen or Gilbert should play further this season. I hope saner thinking prevails.
We might as well see if Gilbert is made out of glass now. If he breaks we know there is a need for another ball handler. No reason to baby him as we need to know this before going into next season. I do agree on Jalen. Don't see the reason to rush him back.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Chief feels neither Jalen or Gilbert should play further this season. I hope saner thinking prevails.
Gilbert needs momentum going into next year instead of a cold open like years past. Jalen deserves one more shot at the tournament and needs to bolster his professional resume, wherever we end up this postseason.

C

Chief00

Gilbert needs momentum going into next year instead of a cold open like years past. Jalen deserves one more shot at the tournament and needs to bolster his professional resume, wherever we end up this postseason.
As a fan, I agree. As someone who cares about them as people and for their long term careers, Chief would shut them down. I am not a doctor, this is just my opinion, having seen a lot over the years.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Wes also didn't have the benefit of the three point shot. Even in a three year career he would likely be over 2,000 if the three point basket had existed. Many of his made baskets were from Mars.

Reaction Score

Having said that, Chief feels neither Jalen or Gilbert should play further this season. I hope saner thinking prevails.

Why? Especially for Gilbert. He needs to play as much as possible after basically not playing consistently for almost 3 years. We aren't getting a higher draft pick for tanking and sitting our best players.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be sweet if jalen came back for the AAC tournament at 100% and we end up winning it to get into the big dance...

With Jalen, I think this could absolutely happen. Say we play like Tulsa/Wichita state/SMU first round = absolutely winnable. We would then have to play a top 4 seed, mostly like cincy or Houston the way the standings are shaping up. Hope for a miracle (played well against both teams this season), then anything can happen last two games!

I will say the AAC is strong top to bottom, but really the top teams are still beatable with a lil luck. Maybe some lower seeds can pull some upsets. Right now, game 2 is looking like the toughest game in the tourney.

We just can’t fall to the 11 seed (so that game at ECU last game of the season looks huge) or else we would have to play USF and temple most likely, which I think would be a lot harder than against Wichita state and cincy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I can understand to some point where someone might think it best for both JA and AG to sit the rest of the year but due to circumstances I feel differently
JA - he has been all Freshman AAC, 1st team All AAC and 2nd team All AAC - when he came to UConn, even in his wildest/worst dreams, I don't think he would thought he would face so much turmoil and unevenness in supporting players. I think that he wants and I feel he needs to come back at least one game to take his UConn career to a fitting end - in uniform on the court playing - not sitting
AG - he has to play through this latest injury. The staff needs to know if he can be counted on to be the quarterback on the court and not from the bench for 2019-2020 and beyond.
I'm a JA man, albeit I get annoyed with him at times, and I am glad he chose UConn. Visions of him in Hawaii that sophomore season make me smile.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be sweet if jalen came back for the AAC tournament at 100% and we end up winning it to get into the big dance...

With Jalen, I think this could absolutely happen. Say we play like Tulsa/Wichita state/SMU first round = absolutely winnable. We would then have to play a top 4 seed, mostly like cincy or Houston the way the standings are shaping up. Hope for a miracle (played well against both teams this season), then anything can happen last two games!

I will say the AAC is strong top to bottom, but really the top teams are still beatable with a lil luck. Maybe some lower seeds can pull some upsets. Right now, game 2 is looking like the toughest game in the tourney.

We just can’t fall to the 11 seed (so that game at ECU last game of the season looks huge) or else we would have to play USF and temple most likely, which I think would be a lot harder than against Wichita state and cincy.
I agree “ IF “ Gilbert and Adams are 100% we could win the AAC tourney however ,the bad news is so could a bunch of other teams in the league.
Houston is probably the best of the lot but an off shooting night and it’s over.
One and done tourneys have seen strange results before.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why didnt Jalen arrive with the team on Sunday?

Seemed weird. Is that standard practice for an injured player at home games?

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I agree IF Gilbert and Adams are 100% we could win the AAC tourney however ,the bad news is so could a bunch of other teams in the league.
Houston is probably the best of the lot but an off shooting night and it’s over.
One and done tourneys have seen strange results before.

No way would they be at 100%.

Reaction Score
Why didnt Jalen arrive with the team on Sunday?

Seemed weird. Is that standard practice for an injured players at home games?

They don't all travel together to games in Hartford. They just have to get there by a certain time. This was during the Calhoun years so not sure how Hurley does things

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom