Jalen comes back to Rival nation workout | The Boneyard

Jalen comes back to Rival nation workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"And I even told Noah [Vonleh] this, Jalen is the best player I've ever coached"

Savage.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Div 1 basketball is a wake up call for freshman. In a year or two he will be our Answer!

Reaction Score
That poor little white kid didn't stand a chance!

Jalen has some Westbrook in him. Obviously not quite on that level but he moves like him and has similar explosion when he takes one huge step and just explodes to the hole.

Reaction Score
Jalen has some physical talents that Bazz never had, that said Bazz could bomb from long range, a talent that carried us to a title. If Jalen is able to consistently make the 3 it's going to open up our team's offense. He wasn't terrible so not that far to go.

Reaction Score
Like harry and Hankster I think there's something special on the horizon for us and this kid. I mean he needs to mature a bit as we saw from some reactions but once handed the keys I believe we see a new player, a confident player and a special talent.

He and AG together will create some havoc for sure.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Jalen has some physical talents that Bazz never had, that said Bazz could bomb from long range, a talent that carried us to a title. If Jalen is able to consistently make the 3 it's going to open up our team's offense. He wasn't terrible so not that far to go.
He was pretty terrible from 3 as a freshman.

Reaction Score
He was terrible as a freshmen. 27% overall, 16% in conference play on 3pt shots. FG 42%, many of them lay ups. JA has a long ways to go on his outside shot to get anywhere near where Bazz was. Hopefully he's shooting a ton of outside shots in the off season so he becomes a more consistent scorer.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Nice clairvoyant screen shot I'm hoping, though I doubt Adams will be here if reeves commits in 2018.

Adams has got to get some good camp invites to get some buzz this summer. Nike skills academy would be a monster invite.

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He was terrible as a freshmen. 27% overall, 16% in conference play on 3pt shots. FG 42%, many of them lay ups. JA has a long ways to go on his outside shot to get anywhere near where Bazz was. Hopefully he's shooting a ton of outside shots in the off season so he becomes a more consistent scorer.
My bad. Since he was a Freshman I only focused on the positives. I will do better next time.

Reaction Score

But Bazz didn't have his athleticism, hops, ability to get to the hoop either. Granted I think we all think he has a ways to go shooting the ball but the good news is exactly what you just said in your post, lay ups - why? because he can get to the basket and finish in multiple ways. Anything but being exciting about his potential is just crazy.

Reaction Score

They are completely different players. Jalen will never be like Bazz in how they play the game. PS, I wouldn't use freshman year FG% as a knock against Jalen when comparing him to Bazz. 42>37

Reaction Score
Jalen also can't shoot at all with his left hand at the basket. At all... He's usually his elite first step to get to the hole right now. He needs to put in some reps there to at least keep the defense honest for more athletic defenders and hopefully the league someday! He's got the heart of competitor so I expect him to work on it at camp and with coaches.

His freshman year stats are really quite similar to kemba, much more than Bazz. They're obviously all different... But he's closer to kemba for comparisons sake. Low 3pt % but good finisher. Jalen has a better wingspan and some more height, maybe more vertical athleticism. and kemba had the better lateral movement and ball skills.

Reaction Score
Jalen also can't shoot at all with his left hand at the basket. At all... He's usually his elite first step to get to the hole right now. He needs to put in some reps there to at least keep the defense honest for more athletic defenders and hopefully the league someday! He's got the heart of competitor so I expect him to work on it at camp and with coaches.

His freshman year stats are really quite similar to kemba, much more than Bazz. They're obviously all different... But he's closer to kemba for comparisons sake. Low 3pt % but good finisher. Jalen has a better wingspan and some more height, maybe more vertical athleticism. and kemba had the better lateral movement and ball skills.

I agree with this. Kemba is probably a better comparison. Kemba shot 27% from 3 his freshman year however was a better finisher from 2pt field goals. If I had to guess I'd say he will have a year much like Kemba's sophomore year where we see growth, but every now and then will make a frustrating play. I'm guessing it's Adams junior year, much like Kemba where he lights it up.

Reaction Score
To my eye Jalen has a very good looking stroke, but as a freshman in the spotlight it wasn't too good. Not worried. Think he will be more comfortable this year, looking for an upswing. If he's as self motivated as we think he will be taking a ton of them this summer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
View attachment 13858

Nice clairvoyant screen shot I'm hoping, though I doubt Adams will be here if reeves commits in 2018.

Adams has got to get some good camp invites to get some buzz this summer. Nike skills academy would be a monster invite.

That pic is mind bending. Took me a good minute to figure out that kid wasn't dribbling another smaller ball....nor in possession of a seven foot arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom