Jalen Carey Q&A | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey Q&A

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Quick Q&A With 6'3" 2018 Four-Star PG Jalen Carey Kansas UConn

You cut your list unofficially to ten. Let’s go through some of those and see how they made the list. Which one do you want to start with?

I’ll start with UConn. My recruitment’s still open. Just to keep that out. I just tried to keep the schools that are recruiting me consistently. But UConn, they’ve been texting me, DK, Dwayne Killings, Kevin Ollie, they’ve been hitting me up tremendously. It’s been great.

Reaction Score
Got to think we are in the lead here. Very talented point to potentially replace Adams...

Reaction Score
Shittu and Carey and just like that we're back!

Throw in Mucius too, but I won't ask for too much.

Reaction Score
It's good to see some production out of our assistants in the 2018 class.

Our Georgia, Florida pipeline has been strong with Ricky, but Kevin Ollie has had to be point man for most of the others that ended up here, it seems. He won't need to spread so thin now and maybe a kid like MAL could be shown a little more love and stay committed.

Reaction Score
To those who say DK has done nothing...

When and if he gets Jalen Carey to commit to UCONN, then we can say Killings has done something. We should be in the lead with Carey and should close on him with our history. The great thing is that Carey and his family are receptive and mentioned us first, which is an excellent sign.

Unless Duke or Kentucky offer, he seems like a guy who wants to come to Storrs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
KU will be a major factor here.just say'in

Kansas has their hat in with just about every top point guard.

Carey is perhaps plan G for them.

Reaction Score
More than Shittu?

I'd love to land Shittu but not confident about landing a top 10 kid at the moment. Carey seems like the most realistic top 100 we're in on currently. If we get both KO is back in business in a big way.

Reaction Score
Kansas has their hat in with just about every top point guard.

Carey is perhaps plan G for them.

And for what it's worth, his comments on them didn't come off as too enthusiastic.

"Yeah, Kansas has been hitting me up. Coach Norm (Roberts) has been hitting me up and telling me he’s going to try to get me on the phone with Bill Self, but they offered me. I don’t know when I’ll be able to get out there. Kansas is a little far.

You might have to do an official for that one.

Yeah, I’d probably have to do an official. Hopefully, I’ll just take it from there.

What do you know about their program?

I know they have a good program. Bill Self is a great coach. They’ve got a great record of developing point guards."

Reaction Score
Says he is a big LeBron fan. Isn't that Kevin ollie's boy? Set it up, make that happen and seal the deal!

Reaction Score
When did Jalen visit UConn? He says he met with Jim Calhoun so the relationship with Ollie & Calhoun can't be that sour

pj

Reaction Score
What's Kansas's record of developing point guards? They have a great record with big men. But apart from Mario Chalmers and Sherron Collins, what point guards have they developed?

Reaction Score
Kansas' list of developing pgs is shorter than uconns but still very solid... probably one of the best in the NCAA. Kemba boatright bazz and Adams is as good as it gets in the 2010s imo.

Reaction Score
Kansas' list of developing pgs is shorter than uconns but still very solid... probably one of the best in the NCAA. Kemba boatright bazz and Adams is as good as it gets in the 2010s imo.
Don't forget Donyell!

pj

Reaction Score
A well played Tap reference!

This has been such a difficult offseason. Now imagine the coaching staff gathering to welcome the freshmen onto campus, and they arrive 18" tall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom