Jalen at critical times of the games | The Boneyard

Jalen at critical times of the games

Reaction Score
Jalen seems to always force a bad shot at critical times. Why not just iso Larrier and if not there or doubled, kick it out for an open shooter. Jalen is such a momentum killer.

Reaction Score
Jalen seems to always force a bad shot at critical times. Why not just iso Larrier and if not there or doubled, kick it out for an open shooter. Jalen is such a momentum killer.
Jalen has been taught, over the past 2.5 seasons, that the only way to win is for whoever the best player is to take over and go 1-v-4 down the stretch. Remember that we lose to Stony Brook earlier this year if he doesn't do exactly that:

Jalen Adams & game-deciding 14-0 run...

And then a few weeks later, we lose to Monmouth if he doesn't do exactly that. And we lose to Columbia if he doesn't do exactly that.

It's how he's been coached. It's how everybody on this team has been coached.

Reaction Score
I can't get mad at Jalen, he is literally the only chance we have to win a game. Larrier is fine if he can catch and shoot otherwise it's up to Jalen to drag us to victory. We have 2 players on this roster that have reliable skills on offense.......what a disaster.

Reaction Score
I can't get mad at Jalen, he is literally the only chance we have to win a game. Larrier is fine if he can catch and shoot otherwise it's up to Jalen to drag us to victory. We have 2 players on this roster that have a pulse on offense..what a disaster.
I disagree. A good coach could turn Vital into a very useful sniper & off-ball cutter, and Carlton has real tools to work with on both ends of the court.

They just haven't been coached.

Reaction Score
Jalen has been taught, over the past 2.5 seasons, that the only way to win is for whoever the best player is to take over and go 1-v-4 down the stretch. Remember that we lose to Stony Brook earlier this year if he doesn't do exactly that:

Jalen Adams & game-deciding 14-0 run...

It's how he's been coached. It's how everybody on this team has been coached.
I look at this kid's career as a tragedy.

Reaction Score
I disagree. A good coach could turn Vital into a very useful sniper & off-ball cutter, and Carlton has real tools to work with on both ends of the court.

They just haven't been coached.
And they aren't going to be coached by this coach.....so we are left with 2 guys that can score with what they brought to UConn with them.

Reaction Score

Yep and misses to many open shots. Don't like KO's offense but it doesn't matter what we run if we can't knock down open shots.

Reaction Score
Larrier was hitting everything he was throwing up. Give him the ball, he will get the double team. Then kick it out to Vital. The only thing Jalen can do is drive to the lane or throw up the floater. He has no outside shooting ability.

Reaction Score
I don't foresee anything changing with Jalen's offensive approach the rest of the season with the makeup of this team.

Let him learn the hard way with growing pains, and have him return with HOPEFULLY 2 elite ball handlers in Gilbert and Akinjo.

He better be putting up 150 threes a day in the offseason though.

Reaction Score
I look at this kid's career as a tragedy.
Same. Pretty hard to admit, but even if he was to pick St Bonnie’s or Davidson, he’d probably be having a better college career. He inherited an awful team that can’t seem to develop talent.

He’s been disappointing numbers-wise, but this team could lose to any D1 team without him.

Reaction Score
I don't foresee anything changing with Jalen's offensive approach the rest of the season with the makeup of this team.

Let him learn the hard way with growing pains, and have him return with HOPEFULLY 2 elite ball handlers in Gilbert and Akinjo.

He better be putting up 150 threes a day in the offseason though.

150 threes a day isnt even close. Good shooters are making 500. Those who want to go to the league are looking at 1000. Seriously.

Jalen doesnt have that work ethic.

Reaction Score
150 threes a day isnt even close. Good shooters are making 500. Those who want to go to the league are looking at 1000. Seriously.

Let's hope this disaster of a season lights a fire under his ass and he get's his s... together.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Jalen might actually be better off leaving for the G league after this season. He might thrive there like Rodney seems to be. One-on-one open court play with a lot less D being played might make his game blossom. He would be missed on this team next season, but maybe that's the best move for him to make.

Reaction Score

Its his jr year and there has been no improvement from prior seasons. His conditioning isn't any better, ball handling, decisions with the ball in his hands or his shooting. He is the worst-best player we have had that I can remember.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jalen might actually be better off leaving for the G league after this season. He might thrive there like Rodney seems to be. One-on-one open court play with a lot less D being played might make his game blossom. He would be missed on this team next season, but maybe that's the best move for him to make.
Where do you people get this idea from? I honestly want to know.

Reaction Score
There is not a single GM or scout that currently has Jalen on their radar. Enough said.

Reaction Score

The ultimate NBA 3 point shooter is a mentor to our program, right? I read about Ray’s shooting drills one time and if Jalen did 1/2 of that he wouldn’t be the crappy shooter he is. Jalen did not do it last summer (obviously), so don’t expect it this summer.

Reaction Score
I get his frustration cuz as a guard you try to make things happen either by taking it to the whole or by having the defense collapse on the drive to the hoop to dish and obviously his guys can’t hit perimeter shots , but I seen at least 4 critical plays when he went to the hoop and it was plenty of contact but went uncalled so yes he’s gonna jump up and down or telling Ollie like damn he hit my wrist... I know how he feels coach took me out cuz I almost ripped my jersey off for the lack of calls and it’s plain as day we don’t get the necessary calls when we drive to the basket, so ppl will look at the shots ppl take and be like why don’t they drive it or why he’s shooting, and it’s because when we drive the refs don’t make the calls but when the other team up 12 then they start blowing their whistle sorry it’s too late

Reaction Score
Jalen is a hybrid 1-2. So while ok at both, he is a tweener. And as for the occasional brain fart, if you've ever played the game, you know that happens especially when fatigue sets in. Some question his conditioning. I see a kid who never gets to sit and rest (much). He's a solid college guard who realizes that unless he or Larrier go off, there aren't any other offensive options. Don't get the hating on Jalen. There are no other offensive options.

Reaction Score
Can’t dribble
Can’t pass
Can’t shoot
But you are very right. Jalen is the ultimate catch 22 a la Dyson sans the def.

Reaction Score
Jalen is a hybrid 1-2. So while ok at both, he is a tweener. And as for the occasional brain fart, if you've ever played the game, you know that happens especially when fatigue sets in. Some question his conditioning. I see a kid who never gets to sit and rest (much). He's a solid college guard who realizes that unless he or Larrier go off, there aren't any other offensive options. Don't get the hating on Jalen. There are no other offensive options.
Exactly
The ultimate NBA 3 point shooter is a mentor to our program, right? I read about Ray’s shooting drills one time and if Jalen did 1/2 of that he wouldn’t be the crappy shooter he is. Jalen did not do it last summer (obviously), so don’t expect it this summer.
I hear he’s not working. Let’s hire him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom